M80ti's or QS8's for rear?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnRuggiero, Jun 27, 2002.

1. JohnRuggiero

JohnRuggiero Agent

I have the Axiom M80ti's for my front speakers, VP-150 center channel and QS8's for my side surrounds. I have a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9's for my rear speakers and thinking about replacing them with either another pair of M80ti's or another pair of QS8's. I listen to music about 95% of the time and I am using a B&K 307 with 150 watts per seven channels and I listen to stereo 7 mode most of the time. Any advice on whether to go with the M80ti's or QS8's. thanks John

2. Michael Lomker

Michael Lomker Stunt Coordinator

More and more content is being put out with lower frequency information in the surrounds (music and movies). There may come a day when all of the speakers need to be full range.

Most music is designed with direct radiating speakers in mind...even the side dipoles might be considered a compromise when listening to music.

3. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Up to you, but for the amount of sound that comes out of the back, I think it would be a serious waste of cash. Unless you want to listen to much multi-channel stuff as well. Still, those are some monsters for that purchase I think