What's new

Low Profile Ceiling Fan For New Theater Room... (1 Viewer)

Rich Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone had good success with a low-profile or "hugger" fan in their theater? I have an eight foot ceiling and am having trouble finding a fan that I like with a light fixture that won't hang down too low. I'm considering the 52" version of this (never heard of the brand though):

Minka Low Profile

Has anyone had success with a low ceiling and a ceiling fan? What brand and model did you use? Was it quiet? Suggestions??? There just doesn't seem to be too many options....

Thanks,

Rich

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
In my new HT room, I have an 8' ceiling with a ceiling hugger fan which I bought at Wal Mart. I forget the size so I'll have to measure it tomorrow. The light fixture contains three globes which house 40W bulbs. It runs very quite and I don't believe it's going to cause any problems with HT viewing. The total drop of the fan + fixture is about a foot. I'm 5'11" so I can still easily walk under it with no problems.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I suggest getting one that has a remote control with it. That way when watching a movies you don't even have to get up to change the fan settings.

Rich Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, I hadn't considered WallMart. I've checked just about every local and online ceiling fan retailer though and am afraid I'm just gonna have to settle for the Minka. None of the Minka finishes blend with my decor and I really don't know anything about the fan. It does have a remote though!

Anyone else? I'll take any suggestions at this point....

Rich

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
I also have a Walmart fan that is mounted between my CRT PJ an my screen (works great). Mine has the light kit removed for more head room and possible interference with the PJ.

Jawhn

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I also have 8 ft ceilings and need to install a fan in my home theater. I was considering the "hugger" fan from design within reach, in part because I like the style:

http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=3184

It hangs down 13 inches, but I don't think that will be a problem as I am only 6'1". But I will now look into the Minka. I had not heard of them.

Rich Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Torgny,

I like the fan in the link you posted, just a little too "modern" for the decor we will be going with, I have the same concern with the Minka. I also must have a lighting fixture which makes it doubly hard. The Minka has an integrated light fixture and hangs down only 10.5"!!! I've seen it for for as low as $125 on the web.

Still looking for other options though....

Thanks,

Rich

Rich Stone

Stunt Coordinator
For those who are looking here is another option - just ordered it at Home Depot:

Hunter Ergonomic

Doesn't go perfectly with my decor, but I can make it work. It also only hangs down 11.2" - a little lower than the Minka but I like it better.

Thanks for the input...

Rich

blue07

Auditioning
Real Name
reign sy
Low Profile Ceiling Fans. This category contains fans that have been designed to mount to the ceiling without a downrod, resulting in increased clearance,

WroughtDiego

Auditioning
Real Name
WroughtDiego Whaley
Wrought iron patio furniture is a perfect choice for theatre patio furniture because it's sturdy and is usually treated to be resistant to rust. Wrought iron tables look good with any style of decor and it will coordinate with just about anything. You can be sure that with good quality wrought iron patio sets, you'll get years of unlimited use from your wrought iron furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks