1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Love my new Mouse - Logitech MX700

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    So I had this coupon for $20 off from STAPLES.

I sat and decided the best way to use that
    coupon when I came upon reviews for the Logitech
    Mx700 cordless mouse.

I already own a Logitech cordless mouse. In
    fact, up until this new Logitech entry, my mouse
    was the best there was. So why did I upgrade?
    Well, I suppose since I spend so much time with
    my mouse daily, that this would be something worth
    upgrading to.

It's a little bigger, a little heavier, but oh so
    much smoother than my old Logitech Mouseman.

The added benefits? First, a rechargeable base.
    Would you believe out of box it took 30 minutes
    to charge this up despite the instructions saying
    a few hours?

The best part I find is the auto scroll buttons
    on the top of the mouse. It allows you to
    automatically scroll up and down a page without
    having to first put your mouse on the outer edge
    of the browser.

I can even pick the mouse off a flat surface and
    browse in mid air (although to move the pointer
    you need the mouse on a flat surface).

Anyone wanting to do something special for
    themselves should consider upgrading to the Mx7700.

Vrrrroooom!

2. Mark Brewer

Mark Brewer Stunt Coordinator

Ron

Thanks for review. I bought my son a new Logitech M-BJ58 because his Rugrats mouse was failing. And of caourse My daughter wanted a new one also. The Mx700 is what she picked out at Fry's, so it's on her list for their pending major upgrades in a month or two.

MArk Brewer

3. Kraig Lang

Kraig Lang Stunt Coordinator

I absolutely, whole heartedly, 100% agree with you Ron. I went through at least 30 batteries on my other cordless logitech mouse before I picked up the MX700 and I will never go back. The functionality of the 700 is outstanding and the tracking, IMHO, is much better. Lots of programmable buttons and no more batteries. I love it.

Kraig

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

It looks like I may consider this as an upgrade.

Up to now I've held off because of the noticable lag cordless mice have. I've heard this doesn't have one.

Is it true?

Brent

5. Kraig Lang

Kraig Lang Stunt Coordinator

I haven't seen a lag on this mouse. My old cordless was pretty bad and the tracking was horrible.

6. This is the best mouse I have used, extremely precise and no lag at all.

7. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

I have to admit the mx700's are awesome mice. . . I was thinking about one then I decided on saving up for the microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse. . . I just like it's security features more.

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Ron:

I told you that you would love it. I have been using this mouse since it came out and couldn't be happier.

Parker

9. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I'm a total mouse geek. I get a new one almost every year and it has to be the latest and greatest. I picked this one up a few months ago and couldn't be happier. What a great mouse! A little expensive but worth every penny...

10. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Well, I never looked at my mouse as an upgradeable peripheral. It was just there. So I was a little curious about this post.
    I, like everyone here, researches the hell out of something before I buy (especially tech/gadgets). So I was taken aback by the landslide of praise that I found on the internet about this product.
    I looked at what this mouse offers and realized why I never looked at my standard, OEM iMac mouse as an opportunity for indulgence. I confess...I'm swayed by the aesthetics of great industrial design. And the MX700 looks damn cool.
    Found it on Amazon for $66.84 with a 4.5/5 star review. Good enough for me - with my $10 GC, I pulled the trigger on this and I'm grinning with anticipation, looking forward to the fun and efficiency that this mouse will provide.
    Thanks for the spotlight, I would've never considered this without your comments.
    BUT WAIT!!!...
    As I cull different websites for info on the MX700 (even after a well-researched purchase, I still experience a little remorse), I find the following:
    Logitech MX 700 rebate
    Once you've arrived at the above site, scroll down and click on the acrobat icon to download a $10 rebate form.
    Ignore the fact that this coupon is found at MacMall. The rebate is not store/purchase-dependant, except for the following:
    *Rebate offer not valid at: Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Fry's Electronics, MicroCenter, Office Depot, Office Max, Wal-Mart.
    [​IMG] Amazon and Staples is not on the list, so a little less bite on the wallet.
    Purchase must be made by March 31, 2003.
    Get 'em while they're hot. With my newly acquired broadband setup and mouse, I'll need some motion-sickness pills.

11. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Thanks for that link to the rebate Peter!!! I also found a rebate from Logitech for the keyboard/mouse combo I just bought (for $15) so you saved me some $$$ !

I almost bought the MX700 mouse today - but it was a bit too pricey where I saw it.

What I did purchase was the Logitech Cordless Elite Duo (Keyboard and Mouse)... and so far, I like it quite a bit. The only thing that concerns me with this one is the battery life on the mouse.

Could one use the keyboard from the package I bought..and then use a different mouse (like the MX700?) at the same time? I'm sure you could....but would like confirmation first....

12. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If you're looking for alternatives the Gyration Wireless Ultra Mouse has been getting great reviews. The HTPC geeks on AVS love it, probably because it can also be used as a pointer in mid-air.
    Link
    Good prices on this at Microcenter.com

13. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

CompUSA is currently offering the MX700 for $59.99, no rebate required. This is an instant savings of $20. Very good deal for this fine peripheral.

While purchasing the MX 700 from CompUSA exempts you from the ongoing manufacturer's mail-in rebate of $10, their price is the cheapest before S&H + taxes.

Scott, I exhausted myself looking at all the posts at AVS on the Gyration Wireless Ultra. For a couple of days, I was torn between canceling my Amazon order and buying the Gyration at MicroCenter (indeed, an excellent price).

But I finally kept my order for the MX 700 at Amazon. From what I could gather, the MX 700 has better transmit rate - 125 vs. 80 hz for the Gyration. Although that may be nominal, I've heard of lag issues by some users, something I never want to see.

But the gyroscopic innovation is really quite cool. Also, the Gyration has a 25' range vs. a range of 6' for the Logitech. But I don't need the extended range since I'm neither into presentations or HTPC. But a tough decision nonetheless.

14. Troy Swope

Troy Swope Stunt Coordinator

Ok guys, i have to stay out of here! I just ordered the Gyration Wireless Ultra Mouse suite, keyboard included. I will let all know how well it works! Should have it by Tuesday! See what you all do to me?! [​IMG]

15. Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher Supporting Actor

Wait, why is there no [Highly Recommended] in the title? [​IMG]

16. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Michael,
    Thanks for the coupon...
    -Andre