What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great episode. As everyone said, the best highlight was EB Farnum.

As soon as I saw him I said to myself "that guy looks so familiar" but
it took me less than a minute to figure it out.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
To me Sanderson will always be Larry as in - "Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl."

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Interesting that Sanderson is the third actor to appear on "Lost" that was also on "Deadwood".

There may be more, but three that I know of without cheating and looking on IMDB.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Without cheating, I can think of 4- Paula Malcomson (Trixie on Deadwood and Colleen on Lost), Robin Weigert (Calamity Jane on DW and Juliet's sister on Lost), Kim Dickens (Joanie on DW and Cassidy on Lost) and now William Sanderson (Farnum on DW and Oldham on Lost). I love both shows so I know them both pretty well.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Has Ben in past episodes ever hinted at the fact he met Sayid and any of the other Losties? I don't know if he has met Jack, Kate, and Hurley, but he should of met Sawyer, Jin, and Juliette, and definantly know who Sayid is.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
No but, up until Sayid shooting him in this episode, I could see him not remembering any of them. I think that, to Ben, most of the random Dharma people (like Juliet, Jin and Miles) and even the prominent LaFleur are basically forgotten memories at this point. Not to mention that, even on the island, it's kinda crazy that someone he knew in the 1970's would look the same as a person he knows in 2004.

After this episode, it's interesting to think how shocked Ben must have been when he was first captured by the survivors and realized that Sayid was somehow the same guy who shot him 30 years prior.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Besides that, Ben has never exactly been all that forthcoming with new information anyway, so it's believable that he wouldn't mention it even if he did remember.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'm pretty sure, though, that Ben and Widmore are aware of the Island's time travelling properties. when Widmore asked Ben if he was going to kill him, Ben said 'we both know i can't do that'. that means A) they somehow know they will be living in a future point in time, or B) they have proof they will travel into the past but it hasn't happened for them yet.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That was my initial thought, but now I'm not so sure. Ben is one of those people who observes everything, filing it away for later use while giving nothing away. We also don't know how prominent the Losties will become among the Dharma crew in the upcoming episodes, and what part they play in "The Incident", which will clearly be a memorable event. I'm especially reminded of Ben's behavior when flight 815 is detected approaching the island. He doesn't seem to reacting to an unexpected event. Instead he seems to be putting effect a long-planned response to exactly that event. Especially interesing is his interest in getting the names of the passengers and his immediate dispatch of a spy who can blend in and claim to be one of the survivors. I think Ben was trying to verify that 815 was the plane Sayid and the others had originally come to the island on. I think he was expecting them.

Regards,

Joe

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That seems to be more likely all the time. We first thought it was just "the rules of the game" they were playing but now it might just be more than that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
There was a really stupid syndicated piece in the paper today. Check this out:

How much wrongness can they cram into one paragraph? Lost has never been better. Ali Larter has never been on there (thank God) and she doesn't even play Niki Sanders! Sheesh.

John Swarce

Second Unit

Actually, they really screwed up the show and the network. Maxim is doing a feature on the "Girls of Heroes", so the beginning of the paragraph was wrong. BTW, nice photos at the Maxim site!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

--John

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Wicked episode. Aside from "LaFleur", which I didn't care for, the episodes this season have been firing on all cylinders. The ending with Locke and Ben is perhaps the best final moment an episode has had yet. Haha, pure gold.

Miles and Hurley were cracking me up with their time travel discussion. It's the first time I haven't found Hurley annoying in quite awhile, and it's nice to have Miles finally getting some decent screentime again.

So, Sayid is the catalyst for Ben's evil ways, and Widmore didn't approve of Ben's rebirthing as an other. Certainly planting the seeds for their rivalry.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Because Sawyer never mentioned his daughter or Cassidy, I didn't think that would be what Sawyer whispered to Kate. That also makes two flashbacks from a pair of S3 episodes have alot more importance than they had before.

I liked the bit of continuity with Kate singing 'Catch A Falling Star' to Aaron. Back in an early S1 episode (Raised By Another), Claire asked Aaron's prospective adoptive parents to sing that song to him since her father had sung it to her.

And since they're so reminiscent of our (and probably a million other message boards) conversations, I loved the dialogue between Hurley and Miles. Especially the Back To The Future reference.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks