What's new

Lost Season 1 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

They've really supported Alias. Many shows with the same budget and ratings would have been cancelled at various points in Alias' past.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Michael, I was fortunate to see the unaired episodes of both Miraceles and Veritas. I have to tell you they were great. And made me even more upset they cancelled the shows.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Unfortunately a few after that FOX started with the quick trigger finger. I cant think of all the names but there were a lot of them that didn't get a chance to grow.
Television is a different place now.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
When X-Files started, Fox was fairly new and didn't have many other options. Numerous people have mentioned when complainign about Firefly, John Doe, or some other Fox show cancellation that the modern Fox wouldn't have let The X-Files finish its first season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Which doesn't make it true. The X-Files was showing growth all through its first season, so likely would have reached the finish line and been picked up for a second year.

There's no way the superior show it was paired with, The Adventures of Brisco County Junior, manages twenty-six episodes on top of its two hour pilot today, though. Even ten years ago, that was a gift from the TV gods.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Actually, they should all be available somewhere. I know the show played complete in the UK and Canada.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Gilligan's Island was cancelled because the head of CBS loved Gun Smoke and got upset when it was cancelled. He demanded that Gun Smoke be saved so GI and another show were cancelled to free up some time in the schedule

SarahG

Second Unit
From the first time I saw the promo - I thought this looked really good, and besides, its J.J. Abrams, that definitely deserves a shot.

The other one that looks good from these guys is that Desperate Housewives show - looks like it'll just be a fun drama filled show

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Watched the pilot, enjoyed it, definitely interested in seeing the next couple of eps.

Unsure as to how well the writing can sustain a show like this indefinitely.

Wonder if they are making it all up as they go along.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brian, unfortunately, you're on your own with that request (we don't discuss the means for obtaining advance peeks at pilots, etc). Be resourceful.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I was wondering about that too.

Frankly, I hope that they change the pilot and you guys don't bother to watch it.

Glenn

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm watching the pilot because it'll be in HDTV, and Kate (Evangeline Lilly) is gonna be smokin' hot in HDTV!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Trying to find a picture of Evangeline Lilly, after Patrick's comment, I came across this site.

There's something amusing about the idea of a show that hasn't even aired yet and already has an unofficial fan site.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's a horrible cast photo of "Kate". She looks much better in motion.

If you look in the "Pictures" section of that website, Photo #54 is more what I was speaking of for "Kate". But if you look in the "Pictures" area, you'll see lots of screencaps from the pilot. So be forewarned of possible spoilers from those photos.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Interesting site. Ian Somerhalder is in the show. I did not know that. Hmmmm.

Looks good. Interesting reads.

Anyone know if this is on opposite Smallville?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks