What's new

Lost Season 1 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard anything about this? When I first heard about it. I thought..Ok, their stuck on a deserted island. How long could that last and be interesting. But, now I am hearing it has a scifi-fantasy element to it. And the only thing definite. Is that their are no dinosaurs.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I downloaded the 2 hour pilot of this a while ago and still haven't looked at it. I hear its good. My problem is that its in Smallville's time slot so I'm thinking of getting a DVR after I move to Charlotte at the beginning of September.

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
Having seen the pilot my advice is to try and steer clear of any spoilers or detailed information about the show. It's best to go in cold and be surprised. Trust me when I say, it's far from what most people are expecting.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry about that last crack Todd, but it was there, so I ran with it.

A few years ago UPN had a show on after Fortune Hunter, I think (late Sunday?) about a plane crash in the Amazon. With no way out, of course. It got cancelled, but not before they mingled with the locals there. Is 'Lost' going to end up the same way?

Glenn

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I too saw the pilot and without giving anything away, let me say that the story is absolutely intriguing and the production values amazing but the dialogue has to be some of the most wretched dialogue I've ever heard. Take for instance this scene is which the main character finds all the wreckage and the chaos. He finds a woman who's pregnant:

Woman: I'm having contractions!

Guy: That's not ideal.

That's not ideal?! What the crap is that about.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
My family was vacationing in Oahu last month and we encountered the set or "Lost" on a remote beach on the north shore. We didn't see much, just a section of airplane fuselage, upside down on the beach with wreckage strewn about.

It convinced me to give it a try. But, I don't know the time. Anyone?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Glenn,

No problem. I thought the same thing about Gilligans Island. But, I know this is not a comedy. I will also be taping either this or Smallville and watching the other.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hey, they've even got their own Hobbit (Dominic Monaghan, who played Merry in the LotR trilogy).

This one is definitely on my list of shows to sample this fall.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Unless they've changed it, Wednesday at 8 on ABC, starting on the 22nd. Well, that's what I have, anyway.

Kevin - that line you put down cracked me up! Ok, it is very sarcastic, and her situation shouldn't be funny, but if that is the way that they want it to come out, then who am I to argue? Or was it bad because it was sarcastic?

Ok, Gilligan was a cheap shot but can anyone think of an idea that hasn't been used on that show? They pretty much wrung it out to dry.

I'm watching 'The Lost World' series right now, and since this was based on a book, any TV series is going to have to come up with ideas that were not in it. While there may not be any 'cut and dry' book/movie about getting stranded, if you are on a deserted island it is going to get pretty boring, really fast. As soon as they run out of their initial character development they'll find out that they aren't so alone after all. Just my guess, but I will be watching this, at least at first anyway. I wish the show good luck.

Glenn

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am looking forward to this show. I like that they are going to have a Sci Fi angle to it as well. That in itself is a new slant. Plus JJ Abrahms created it.

So was it good Brian?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The pilot had a good start, an okay middle (as the survivors' pasts are revealed little by little), and it does lead to wanting more by the time the 2 hours are over.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
How are all you guys seeing pilots I would imaine that someone in the production must be uploading it to a newgroup or something and your getting it from there. Anyhow my only problem to committing to this series is that it's on ABC and they are notorious for not giving shows a chance. I give this 3 shows before they yank it ala Kingdom Hospital, Karen Sisco etc

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
They're no worse than anybody else, and they probably want to keep J.J. Abrahms happy, so they'll likely stick with it for a while. It's in a highly competitive slot, but what isn't nowadays?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

Fox and ABC seem to be worst in this regard. Compare it to how the WB has handled their (relatively few) cancelations.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
"Seem" being the key word - they've cancelled the shows you personally liked, so you remember them. WB has churned Thursday and Friday pretty severely the past year or two, but those comedies didn't have a vocal following, so it's seemed like less of an issue.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
WB has actually cancelled more shows I like than ABC. THey always seem to let them run out their episodes and give them enough warning to make a finale of sorts.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

Ironic, considering X-Files is a Fox show they nurtured and gave some room and time. It was NOT a hit right away, but Fox let it stay and find its own rhythms. Something that doesn't seem to happen on the big 4 anymore (Miracles, anyone?). Instead, they stick with formulaic, cheap-to-produce s*it-coms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks