What's new

Lost DVD news! (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
In Ontario the local BB is advertising a Lost T-shirt. Future Shop has not announced anything yet. FS is advertising the set for $53 Canadian vs the $55 BB is charging.

John*D

Second Unit
TVguide has an exclusive Lost CD...

:star: I plan on picking getting this. Drift Shaft rocks!!

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
"Buena Vista has trended towards this horrid "overlapping" disc packaging lately on their releases (see "Scrubs" and "The Muppet Show"). I just wanted to mentally prepare myself now for what might result in a trip to the exchange counter to get a set that isn't scratched and scuffed... "

Yes. The discs are overlapping. I saw pictures of the packaging on a Lost fan site this week.

Go here to see pictures of the packaging.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...tv/888135.html

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I don't care for the disc artwork. I thought that the pictures on the Alias S4 discs looked big. Yeesh.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the link to the pics of the set.

I really dislike that sort of packaging.

They have put all 7 discs in the "24" sets in their own single disc holder since the beginning.

Sure, it makes the packaged about an inch-and-a-half thick, but I really don't mind.

I am sure that it increases shipping costs for the studio, but it isn't as if they aren't going to be making a mint on a show like "Lost" anyway...

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I know that we've got the HTF review thread now, but just a quick update note on the bonus 'stuff' available here in Canada.

Best Buy (Canada) is making a free t-shirt available with the box (while supplies last, blah blah blah) with the Lost logo on the front. Future Shop (Canada) is advertising a bonus DVD with the set. No word on what's on the disc though.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks Alex - saw that today myself. I am assuming the bonus DVD is the recap episode.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
In those pictures linked to above, it looks as though there's an insert booklet.

Mine didn't have one- just two ads.

Can anyone else report getting an insert?

Edit: Never mind. I've seen that there IS one... called Buena Vista- they're shipping me one...

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I went to Future Shop and they did not have the Bonus Disc!:frowning: Hope it comes in tomorrow...

TroyMM

Grip
Bought it at The Future Shop during my lunch in Ottawa (Kanata location) and got the bonus disc.

I know what I'm doing tonight ;)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
both the bonus disc and the t-shirt are equally unappealing to me :P (that's if the bonus disc has only the recap episode).

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Was there an insert in anyone else's? All that was in the pocket was a Buena Vista TV on DVD ad and a postcard.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I'd suggest getting the bonus disc and selling it on eBay then. I suspect it'll fetch $10-$15 easily, which discounts the price you paid for your set.

Gord

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I got my set this afternoon at Best Buy.

Despite being in the "overlapping" disc holders, mine was free of scratches and scuffs (yippee!)

Unfortunately, the discs were tough to get off the spindles.

I promptly put each of the 7 discs (and also the B-Buy bonus disc) in single slim-line cases.

Many have suggested that studios should use slimlines for more releases.

I'd have to say I held the 7 discs each in its own slimline up next to the "Lost" box, and it was only about 1/2 inch wider...

"LOST" BEST BUY BONUS DVD:

The Best Buy disc includes--

Lost : The Journey (the 43 minute montage episode)

Flashbacks & Mytology -- 7:30 segment that interviews the producers of the show about the myths

Lost: On Location
White Rabbit -- 3:30 clip interviewing cast and crew on the making of that ep
Moth -- 1:50 clip interviewing cast and crew on the making of that ep

Plus...trailer for Season 1 of Lost on DVD and trailer for Season 2 this fall...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks