What's new

Looks like Di$ney is really pushing for FULLSCREEN now... (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Artizan may have released a lot of fullscreen titles, but seeing so many listed fullscreen made me mad. I really hope that most of those titles were indeed wrong.

Like I said, I don't care if Di$ney wants to make money, that's what they're supposed to do, but they have ridiculous goals. I don't care if they want money, but at least we have good studios that release product with content the people want. New Line anyone?

Like I said, Di$ney just seems to want to make money, even if they release a bad movie or product. They don't care about quality, they care about cash.

Robert Cook

Stunt Coordinator
First of all, the information in this thread--including one or more of the corrections--seems very suspect to me. Anyone who is concerned about a DVD they may be interested in should call Disney (800-723-4763) and ask for information before filing a complaint with them.

Secondly, the dollar sign thing can only hinder the respect that anyone gets for their views, and is extremely passé, in any case. It's not clever, and it's akin to name-calling.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
well, at least the Ernest movies are in their OAR. But I would have picked up Celtic Pride and the Mighty Ducks discs too, had they not been P&S.
Yes, I liked the Mighty Ducks flicks.
Quit looking at me like that ;)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have Mighty Ducks 3 on laserdisc in widescreen, #2 was widescreen too, but #1 was pan and scan on laserdisc but widescreen on DVD!

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hmm, according to Disney/Buena Vista's official site, titles like "Celtic Pride", etc are listed as 1.85 widescreen. Only "The War at Home" has no mention of aspect ratio.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Captain Ron
Mighty Ducks Box Set
Ernest Goes to Camp
Ernest Goes to Jail
Ernest Scared Stupid
Mr. Destiny
Swing Kids
I planned on buying all these films and probably spaced invaders as well (and ernest xmas) unfortunately it seems I won't be able to get the Might ducks films, or Mr Destiny or Swing Kids. The Swing Kids especially make me very angry, as it is a favorite of mine and I desparately want it!
I hope the disney rep stuff is correct and Swing kids and Mr. Destiny are Anamorphic widescreen. I'd already resigned myself to the idea I wouldn't be getting the mighty ducks or my favorite ernest film (saves christmas) this is really a ridiculous crappy shame. It's sad the dvd community and review websites will never present a strong united front against the MARing of films, everyone says it's a great idead, but no one wants to put any effort into it. :frowning:
Adam

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Here's an example of their love for money.

Dimension was making Halloween 6, and while casting the role of a character from part 4 and 5 they didn't contact Danielle Harris (who played the character in the other 2 movies) she came in and told them she wanted the part, it was hers. They agreed but then fired her when she asked for 5,000.00 to do the film. That's all, not to mention that it was a part that required her to be in a lot of the movie, and it was important, but money was the reason they did not hire her. Don't mention that these are just crappy movies anyway, because I know that, but it's just an example of them not caring about quality, but not wanting to spend any extra money.

The sad thing is that this isn't the only time I've had something about disney to complain about. That's my standpoint, that there are many. DVD's aren't just the beginning of it.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Gang, I'm all for badmouthing Disney when they screw up and they do that a lot, but the majority of the info here is not true. Sure, it doesn't hurt to contact them, but I suppose you should be pleasantly surprised when much of the titles in question are released in widescreen.

Perhaps my biggest complaint is that Disney can't even release information about their catalogue DVDs through appropriate modes. It's all a guessing game until the week of release...if they were clear on the specs, threads like this wouldn't need to be started unless the info was true.

Rob T

Screenwriter
They put every Ernest movie, except Ernest saves Christmas, in widescreen? Well at least I'll be able to get most of them! I'd definitely like to have all of them in their OAR though! :angry:

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
So which is it...is Mr. Destiny going to be widescreen or full frame. I do not in any way support MAR, but I would like to own that movie in 16x9 widescreen. Hopefully the initial announcement of 4x3 is incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks