Looking for inexpensive speakers for my garage

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Bob Elliott, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Bob Elliott

Bob Elliott Agent

I am looking for inexpensive speakers for my garage. I do a lot of work out there and it would be nice to have some music playing. I have the receiver and CD player....now I need speakers. If you have any old pairs of speakers taht still sound halfway decent but are a little to beat up to keep around the house send me a message.

Thanks,

Bob Elliott

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

Garage sales or goodwill would be the best option, but good luck!

3. Bob_F

Bob_F Stunt Coordinator

Bob,

If you have a Best Buy nearby you can sometimes find some pretty decent KLH speakers for next to nothing when they run a sale. We're talking $10 a speaker and they would be fine for most garages.

Bob

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Bob - Are you going to be in San Jose any time soon? I have an old pair of EPI speakers that are still in great shape sitting in my closet. I will gladly give them to you to get them out of the house. Let me know if you're interested.

I looked at these when I got home. They are Series 3 Model 70 bookshelf speakers. The cabinets have some marks on them but the woofers and tweeters look like new.

5. Tom Young

Tom Young Agent

Bob_F had a great idea as that is exactly where I bought my garage speakers (Best Buy). I purchased an open box set of KLH speakers that were on sale. Open box took them to near half price and then the sale took off another 25% of open box price. They were in great shape and cheap enough and a really great value for garage speakers. Good Luck!