What's new

local help (1 Viewer)

hey all,
I am very glad that I found this sight, I'm learning alot. But I still need help with my set up, I just bought the new panny f85, and I can't get my system to work right. I'm looking for someone that can help me. I live in Cold Lake, Alberta Canada. Is there someone close that could give me a hand, I'm lost:angry:

thx in advance
VIC

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
what is the issue? if you describe it...maybe someone here can assist.

i can't get the speakers to work properly. i had a sony 300 series the was bare bones and never had a problem. when i went to THX optimizer on finding nemo, it said my speakers were out of phase. when i went in to the set up i can only get the fronts to work (make sound)it didn't play in 5.1. the instruction book is very vague. i can't figure out what is wrong.

VIC

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay, let's slow down and start with the basics.

tell me what kind of equipment you have. i assume:

1. receiver
2. dvd player
3. 5 speakers and a sub

is that correct? it sounds like you can get the front speakers to work, but not the center and the sub?

if so, how do you have the dvd player hooked up? are you using the "digital" connection from the dvd player to the receiver? if you are only using the red and white plugs, you aren't hooked up correctly.

does your receiver have the capability to play "test tones" to all the speakers? if so, does that work?

let's start there....

1. sony 935 for reciever
2. panny dvd f85 dvd player
3. nuance surround with built in subs (i know, i know, but i'm stuck with them now, leave it alone:frowning:

i am using optical. i heard that i will need the red and white for dvd audio cd's. would using coax instead of both work (just wondering) my reciever does have test tone and it works, it's just when i am using the dvd player. i have a blue light on reciever that tells me when it's running 5.1, sometimes it's on sometimes it's not now (didn't with old dvd player, sony 300 series if wondering). if i use a thx dvd and go to optimizer, it's all messed up, it says speakers are out of phase no sub sound yada yada yada.
it is the dvd player that is causing the problems, but the booklet is vague and doesn't have it in the trouble shooting
it's really gonna suck when i upgrade to the H/K 330 i'm getting for christmas (ssssh don't tell, lol:D )
i'll really be lost then.

VIC

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i heard that i will need the red and white for dvd audio cd's.
you'll need to use the multi-channel outputs for that.

forget the thx optimizer thing.

if you play a regular dd or dts dvd, do you get sound out of all the speakers?

make sure the dvd player is set to output dd/dts (a lot of them aren't by default) and also make sure that you select the appropriate track from the dvd movie menu itself (not from the dvd player menu).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks