What's new

Living Room Project (1 Viewer)

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Install an LCD TV (wall mount) in the living room and run the cables down to the unfinished basement.

Are there any restrictions on running the cable x length? I'm estimating 10' -16' for the cables to run to a cabinet.

Units to be control from basement
Cable Box (Rogers or Bell)
DVD Player
VCR
To control the units, I will need an RF Remote?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
It depends on the (cables). You don’t mention where your receiver will be (if you are going to use a sound system separate from your TV), but regardless a reasonably heavy gauge speaker wire should be OK for that kind of length (or considerably more). If you run optical (for sound) to a receiver you will probably need some kind of a booster (or repeater for that length of a run). Otherwise your connections should be able to handle that length with no problem.

You should plan on an RF remote.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
going down to the basement to put in a Netfix dvd will get old. if you have a DVD changer, put that down there, but at least wire a single disk player to your main room.

just a suggestion.

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Good point Marc. What do you think of those LCD's with the dvd built in?

Lew - The living room will just be for tv + entertaining. I'll have to check with the wife about wiring for audio.
The basement is where I plan to have the home theatre set up.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
I think those are pretty cool. I'm not sure how you would incorperate that into your HT system though. In your last post it sounded like you were not going to have a HT in your living room...I think a built in DVD for casual watching would suit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks