What's new

Live! Halo? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Is it going to be $5 a month or something else close to 50/12? I guess they could get people hooked and then jack it to $10 if they wanted and I bet they would lose less than half the subs.
Ive heard rumors going about from various websites and forums (and believe me that these are just unfounded rumors at this point but worth mentioning for the sake of discussion only!) that MS may be making the yearly fee for Live after the initial 50 dollars in the 79.95-89.95 range.

Not too bad if that does come to pass. Especially is MS can maintain a high quality network with compelling games.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Halo has been overemphasized, and that will change as the library matures.
I disagree with that -- Halo is the ONLY "marquee" exclusive title at this point in the X-box's system cycle. Granted, that will probably change over time, but seeing console gamers flock to buy "online only" titles is going to require a major shift in the mentality of the Joe Six Pack gamer.

In my case, I've got a shiny new X-box sitting at home with no possible way to get on X-box Live -- broadband is not available in my area. It's pointless for me to even look at titles like Unreal Championship and Mech Assault (tragic, I know) since I won't be able to play them as they were intended.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Adam,
Among the mainstream, Halo is likely the only exclusive 'marquee' title for the XBox right now.
Then again, I have little use for the mainstream. :) I think Halo belongs on a PC and is seriously compromised on a console, and that JSRF wipes the floor with Halo. :) But we all have our own preferences, and I know my tastes lie outside the mainstream.
But I digress, we were indeed talking about the mainstream.
Having played the Splinter Cell demo, I believe it just might be a mainstream 'marquee' title.
And I thought Mech Assault was supposed to have excellent single-player and multi-player modes for non-Live players? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
And you don't think any other excellent titles will come out in the next 12 months?
I just don't see Halo 2 being as large of a draw for the XBox, percentage wise, a year from now as Halo has been in the past year.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Mech Assault
Thats too bad Adam as Mechassault as Michael mentioned above will also include hefty single player "story" mode along with the online content. Unreal Championship will also include system link abilities along with a some good split screen multiplayer modes from the previews I've read.(though split screen is of course a matter of taste)

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Mech Assault has a "story" mode? I'll be picking that up on day one if that's the case. All of the previews I've read have highlighted the multi-player modes -- I wasn't aware they'd put much of a single player game in the box. Thanks, Romier, that has just moved to the top of my list.:)
Micheal -- yes, it belongs on a PC, but I still thought it was an amazing game regardless. I also enjoyed JSRF, for entirely different reasons. Either way, I highly doubt any game will sell more copies for the X-box during the 2003 holiday season -- but I won't might being wrong if something terrific comes out.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Getting back to the "Live!" vs. "XBconnect"; there is no competition. Live! slams XBC up one side and down the other.

I've been doing them both for a while now and, imo xbc kind of sucks.

The lack of voice in xbc, is a drag. The lag, compared to Live!, is lousy even though everyone is supposedly broadband on xbc too.

Just my observations.

I think MS has the right idea with their service. Ask anyone who's beta testing, how it is to do a few laps in MotoGP, and you'll hear about how is a whole new experience.

I kind of came up with my own saying that, "What cd's did for music, and what DVD's did for movies, Live! does for online gaming".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks