Little Splinter Cell help please...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Frank Grimes, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Second Unit

(No answer on the ever so reliable Straight Dope, so I'd figure I'd try this place.)Maybe there's a difference in what has to be done between Normal and Hard modes as I had no trouble with this before:

When returning to the Chinese Embassy, in the large room with the retinal scanner, I just can't get the guards to come out of the double doors. I kill everyone in there, place there bodies in dark areas, and have experimented with taking out the lights/leaving the lights intact. I shimmy across the pipe and nothing. Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks...

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Let me see if I can remember this part. Before going across the pipe, have you gone up the hallway where you first gain access to the pipe (where the turret gun is?) If not, trying sitting there for a little bit, turn on the friendly fire and let the gun hose down the two guards that come toward you, then try going across the pipe. Two guys should pop out of one set of doors and walk over to the single door with the retinal scanner (where the pipe would lead you). You should definitely have to spend a fair amount of time hanging from the pipe while you're behind the flags so as not to be seen, if that's not happening, something is definitely not being triggered for some reason. Let me know if this works out for you.

EDIT: Didn't notice that you had already done this in normal mode, now I have no idea what the problem is, sorry 'bout that.

Gary

3. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

I also am having some problems. Im at the Presidental
    Palace right now and I have to snipe Nikoladze. The
    problem is once I turn the scope on it keeps moving
    and I cant get it in focus so I can snipe him.
    Any ideas what Im doing wrong? maybe I just have to
    push a different button to use manual scope?.

-Mike

4. Lary Larson

Lary Larson Stunt Coordinator

Michael,

Are you holding the left trigger to hold your breath and steady the gun?

5. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'm with Dean, Gamefaqs is the place to go for help in 99% of the time. The people that write those FAQS have way too much time on their hands, which as a result, leads to them being very very well done. Also, if you did wish to ask the question here, why not put it with the other "Splinter Cell help" thread that appeared like a day ago?
    Anyhow, good luck, Splinter Cell was one of the most frustrating, but at the same time, most rewarding games I've played in a long time.

6. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

7. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

Well I just beat the game. Thanks for the help
    Lary. I just have to beat the Kola Cell level now.

-Mike

8. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Second Unit

I'm well aware of gamefaqs. Read through this area's description several times and it mentioned nothing that I hadn't done. Anyway, I restart from the previous checkpoint (before the guys are destroying computers), do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DIFFERENT, get to the double doors and bam, the guys are walking out as should be. Don't ask...

9. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Grimey, the game is a bit random sometimes, not 100% scripted... [​IMG]