What's new

Listening to DTS CDs (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
When you listen to DTS CDs (or DTS soundtracks on DVD-As) on a DVD-A player, do you use the analog connection to the receiver or the digital? I have been assuming that the player should decode the DTS signal and send them to the receiver (analog connection).

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Mike -

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but it works both ways. With the 47a, I am able to use the digital connection and let the pre/pro decode it, but I can also switch to the analog input, since the player also decodes.

I threw in Sting to see if I could tell the difference but I really can't, at least not immediately.

NP: Sting - Nothing Like the Sun DTS

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I believe only the digital will pass DTS just like LDs.
BTW a great deal I just got 3 myself. For some reason, the netscape browser won't work....just MS explorer
here's part of the email I got from them:
http://www.eavlaser.com click on ?DVD & CD?s?. On the left hand side of the page, click ?DTS CD? and you?ll be taken to our great DTS selection. Or call us at 800-836-8577 for more details.
Normally, you can purchase these DTS encoded CDs for the retail price of $25 each. But for a limited time only you can buy our online selection for only $10 each!!! (With the exception of ??Movie Tracks? retail-$30...Evolution Price $15)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The DTS decoder in my pre/pro sounds a little better than the one in my DVD player using the 5.1 analog in so that's what I use.

NP: Dave Matthews Band: "Everyday"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks