1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Listening to DTS CDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, May 14, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

When you listen to DTS CDs (or DTS soundtracks on DVD-As) on a DVD-A player, do you use the analog connection to the receiver or the digital? I have been assuming that the player should decode the DTS signal and send them to the receiver (analog connection).

2. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

Mike -

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but it works both ways. With the 47a, I am able to use the digital connection and let the pre/pro decode it, but I can also switch to the analog input, since the player also decodes.

I threw in Sting to see if I could tell the difference but I really can't, at least not immediately.

NP: Sting - Nothing Like the Sun DTS

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I believe only the digital will pass DTS just like LDs.
    BTW a great deal I just got 3 myself. For some reason, the netscape browser won't work....just MS explorer
    here's part of the email I got from them:
    http://www.eavlaser.com, click on ?DVD & CD?s?. On the left hand side of the page, click ?DTS CD? and you?ll be taken to our great DTS selection. Or call us at 800-836-8577 for more details.
    Normally, you can purchase these DTS encoded CDs for the retail price of $25 each. But for a limited time only you can buy our online selection for only $10 each!!! (With the exception of ??Movie Tracks? retail-$30...Evolution Price $15)

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

The DTS decoder in my pre/pro sounds a little better than the one in my DVD player using the 5.1 analog in so that's what I use.

NP: Dave Matthews Band: "Everyday"