What's new

Lionsgate Press Release: Terminator 2 Judgement Day Limited Collector's Edition (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think I saw in the bits that Arm edition is $175. That's really pricey. I am assuming the arm is made of plastic.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'd venture to guess it's made of some kind of metal. Especially for that price. Movie is worth maybe $20.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Agreed. Very impressive looking. I'm sure most collectors would be thrilled to have it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You just said "you were pretty sure" a regular release was coming, so I wasn't certain you had noticed it had been announced.
My previous post in which I corrected myself in bold which is pretty definitive:

I already have a Terminator Head so I'm going to pass on the arm. I'm pretty sure a less expensive 4K/UHD release is coming so I"ll wait on that release. Strike that, I see a 4K/UHD release without the arm is releasing that same day.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
....and we have preorders...

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Lot of unanswered questions about this release.

The UK announcement said the audio was DTS MA 5.1 -- while the USA announcement said DTS:X

Is one right and the other wrong or different sound for different regions? And will the included Blu-ray have the DTS:X soundtrack if it exists?

The UHD has been confirmed by Lionsgate to be the Theatrical only and the included Blu-ray has all 3 cuts.

BUT it is very unclear if the included Blu-ray will use the new 4K transfer or one of the older transfers.
To add more confusion, a German site stated that the extended version on the Blu-ray would be a hybrid!!

The portions featured in the theatrical would be the brand new transfer-- while the extended bits would be from an older transfer!?!?
That's nuts. That's something you would do only if the original elements were lost and you couldn't restore them to the same quality.

I don't think there is a chance that Cameron LOST the original elements for a movie he made in 1991.

I guess it's possible that Lionsgate was too cheap to restore the elements they weren't going to use for the theatrical 3D re-release -- but would Cameron have gone along with that?

I really hope they sort this out long before the October 3 release date!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It looks like I'll be passing on this release. I want the extended version in 4K/UHD. I want the extended version converted to 3-D. If neither of those two aren't available than I"m not interested. As to the audio, I feel the same about the extended version having DTS:X.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
"No reason given."

So the only reason T2 is being released theatrically is to show off the 3-D conversion. The poster says Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D, with "3D" in a shiny font larger than the film's own title. And James Cameron personally supervised the 3-D conversion. All of which are great reasons not release it on BD-3D?!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Seem like the studio asked what don't the customers want and decided that's what's they'd give us. Not the first time.

For the past week or so, The Bits has been talking at length about how the major studios just don't give a shit anymore and that it's nearly impossible to reach anyone just to get simple questions answered. It's really baffling when they are trying to grow a new format.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Please pardon me for jumping in here and asking a question that probably has already been answered....

Regarding the 3D import mentioned above....

Is that the theatrical version? If so, I am going to cancel the order. I have no desire to watch the shorter version again.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Man! Awful lot of negativity toward the theatrical cut here - I don't get it.

If given a choice, do I watch the extended cut? Yeah, but that's mainly because I watched the theatrical so many times I'm "overly familiar" with it - the changes in the extended give me something "new".

But the theatrical is still just as good. I find the changes to the extended to be interesting but don't think they make "T2" a better film...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Man! Awful lot of negativity toward the theatrical cut here - I don't get it.

If given a choice, do I watch the extended cut? Yeah, but that's mainly because I watched the theatrical so many times I'm "overly familiar" with it - the changes in the extended give me something "new".

But the theatrical is still just as good. I find the changes to the extended to be interesting but don't think they make "T2" a better film...
I like most of the added scenes in the extended cut but the only ones that I find essential are the glitching T-1000 (where he's accidentally mimicking everything he touches or walks on). It's fun to see Reese again and the chip reset scene is cool but they're ultimately unnecessary. It's not a scene that sticks out to many people but the one with Dyson talking to his wife and kids at home gives that character a little more background and sympathy when it's left it in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks