What's new

Lionsgate Press Release: Terminator 2 Judgement Day Limited Collector's Edition (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
6638cfee-4b85-41b9-beec-c2b7bd351d13.jpg

d21babec-e69b-46a2-a31d-be8dde4f3731.jpg

LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION

255c2bff-2916-4811-9b20-9171397964b0.jpg

Exclusive Terminator EndoArm Packaging + 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack Box Set Coming to Retail for Holidays

0e43c466-9107-4432-a92b-af8ab3d3b4ed.jpg

DESCRIPTION
Director James Cameron’s iconic sci-fi action classic returns in pristine clarity when Terminator 2: Judgment Day arrives in a Limited Collector’s Edition EndoArm box set including a 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital HD) on October 3 from Lionsgate. Still lauded by critics today as one of the greatest action films of all time, only 6,000 of the Limited Collector’s Edition EndoArm box sets will be released in the U.S., allowing fans to own a life-sized replica of the T-800 EndoArm mounted on a uniquely numbered stand with James Cameron’s signature. Say “hasta la vista, baby” to SD and relive each quintessential moment in four times the resolution with Full HD and High Dynamic Range on the film’s first-ever 4K scan. The Terminator 2: Judgment Day EndoArm Limited Collector’s Edition 4K Combo Pack box set is loaded with bonus content, including an all-new, never-before-seen documentary featuring commentary from the cast and crew (including James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Edward Furlong), and will be available for the suggested retail price of $174.99. The groundbreaking masterpiece written by James Cameron and William Wisher will also be available as a standalone 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital HD) on October 3 for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
shattered the definition of action-filmmaking to become one of the most celebrated sequels of all time. Even in an age of anything-is-possible digital blockbuster filmmaking – with onscreen action often entirely fabricated and “unreal” – T2 remains a touchstone for both filmmakers and movie fans on the use of visual effects, fusing high-tech thrills with an emotional and compelling story.

LIMITED EDITION BOX SETS INCLUDES:
  • Life-sized Terminator EndoArm
  • Each limited-edition EndoArm unit includes a uniquely numbered sticker, featuring the signature of writer-director James Cameron
BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
  • *NEW* “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
  • 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
  • “The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
  • Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
  • Trailers
CAST
Arnold Schwarzenegger The Terminator franchise, Total Recall, The Expendables franchise
Linda Hamilton Dante’s Peak, The Terminator, TV’s “Beauty and the Beast”
Edward Furlong American History X, Detroit Rock City, Pecker
Robert Patrick TV’s “Scorpion” and “The X-Files,” Walk the Line

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY
Arriving on 4K Ultra HD and Limited Collector's Edition Box Set on October 3
PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: © 1991 Studiocanal. All Rights Reserved.
Rating: R for strong sci-fi action and violence, and for language
Type: Theatrical Release
Genre: Action / Sci-Fi
Closed-Captions: N/A
Subtitles: English, French, German
Feature Run Time: 137 minutes
4K Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
4K Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, German 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™
Blu-ray Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, German 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I already have a Terminator Head so I'm going to pass on the arm. I'm pretty sure a less expensive 4K/UHD release is coming so I"ll wait on that release. Strike that, I see a 4K/UHD release without the arm is releasing that same day.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That sounds about right. They'll take off a few pounds for the VAT since you don't live in the U.K., and that'll basically equal the shipping charge. Preorder price guarantee is in effect so it could potentially be cheaper. I'm in.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That packaging is really nice. I usually avoid special packaging, but I could be tempted by this one, except there's no 3D. I'm counting on the 3D conversion to be as good as Titanic and that's the way I'll want to watch the move. So no Terminator Arm for me.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Another 3Disappointment for the US. If you do plan to order the 3D import, just make sure you all have a region free player. I just may consider getting one in the near future.

That may not be necessary. We don't know yet whether or not it will be region free. Amazon's region coding info is frequently wrong.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That being said, having region free capability is one of the best things I've ever done for my home theater. It's nice to not worry about it. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
just make sure you all have a region free player. I just may consider getting one in the near future.

That being said, having region free capability is one of the best things I've ever done for my home theater. It's nice to not worry about it. :)

I highly recommend this. With domestic studios continuing to cut back on releases, with home 3D support in the U.S. declining, and with many catalog titles coming out through overseas licensors, being region-free is the best way for a movie collector in 2017 to continue with the hobby.

We don't know yet whether or not it will be region free. Amazon's region coding info is frequently wrong.

That's definitely true, but with Lionsgate controlling US rights and StudioCanal EU rights, it seems more likely that it would be region-coded for that reason.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I already have a Terminator Head so I'm going to pass on the arm. I'm pretty sure a less expensive 4K/UHD release is coming so I"ll wait on that release. Strike that, I see a 4K/UHD release without the arm is releasing that same day.

The press release mentioned a regular UHD release available on the same day for a SRP of $22.99.

However, if you add this arm to the head you already own, you will be well on your way to building your very own Terminator.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The press release mentioned a regular UHD release available on the same day for a SRP of $22.99.

However, if you add this arm to the head you already own, you will be well on your way to building your very own Terminator.
If read my post again, you will see that I noted that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks