What's new

Lines on screen. Help needed to fix! (1 Viewer)

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
Whenever I watch my TV, every few seconds these really thin lines run up the screen. You can't really notice them unless the movie/show you are watching has a light tone to it.
How can I get rid of this? Any help ASAP would be great. Thanks you guys. :)

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
It happens whenever I watch anything - a TV show on cable, or a dvd movie. At first I thought it was a prob with my DVD player, but I happens when I just watch regular TV too. And its an Aiwa TV, if that helps. Thanks.:)

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Jedrek,

One of the first things that comes to mind is checking all the connections to the TV.

Neil, can we change the subject on this thread? I'd bet there's a lot of knowledgeable folks skipping this because "Help!" is the underlying theme of almost all these threads...

-Robb

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Usually that is a sign of noise on one of your inputs. Is your DVD player hooked up to the TV differently than the CATV (or are they both using a single connection from your AV receiver)? If it's the same connection, check the cable and connection. Another possibility is that your CATV wire is injecting noise into your TV. Try removing the CATV wire and see if the DVD clears up.

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there are two different AV imputs on my TV - one in the front, another in the back. The back one I use for my VCR, and the DVD is hooked up to the front. I really don't think that is the prob though, cuz I've had it hooked up like that for a few years, and this prob only started recently.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I changed the title. Is that ok?

What happens if you connect the TV to another outlet in another part of the house with nothing else connected to the TV or that outlet. Try watching broadcast cable to see if you have the lines. I am trying to eliminate the TV as the problem while also diagnosing for possible noise on the line voltage.

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
I just got it fixed you guys. I think that for some reason it had to do with the cable connection through my TV and VCR. They were smashed against the wall and I rearanged them so they have more space, and the problem seems to be fixed.
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks