What's new

Line across display (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have a 43" LG model 43UJ6300 4K display that I am using for my computer and recently it has developed a line across the display. Am wondering if anyone else here has had this issue regardless of brand and how much it cost to get it repaired since mine was purchased 12/17/17 and is no longer under warranty.

20200531_065757a.jpg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I have a 43" LG model 43UJ6300 4K display that I am using for my computer and recently it has developed a line across the display. Am wondering if anyone else here has had this issue regardless of brand and how much it cost to get it repaired since mine was purchased 12/17/17 and is no longer under warranty.

View attachment 73477
That looks like a bad display driver board, which you can buy relatively cheap online if you're handy enough to open it up and replace:

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Change the aspect ratio and see if the line moves or stays in the same spot.
If the line moves it is most likely either the main board or the T-Con board. If the line stays in the same spot through all the aspect ratio changes and on all the inputs, it is in the panel and probably not worth fixing.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks