What's new

LG 2020 CX and GX Series 4K HDR OLED TVs (1 Viewer)

Kakameime

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
Thanks Robert...I can tell you are a trustworthy guy based on these forums :)

Do you mind a suggestion? about two months ago I went to best buy, I wanted my wife to see the LG C9 77" and she liked it, but when she saw the Samsung Q9000 82", she loved it and said that we should get the bigger TV (also the fact the Samsung was brighter). The TV was nice, but I am not willing to pay the cost. I am stuck between getting the "best rated TV in the world" - LG GX|CX 77" or a bigger screen TV such as the LG NANO90 or a similar 86".

What would Robert do? :emoji_thinking:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
This is a tough decision as with all of the attributes of picture quality we discuss in great depth the most important thing to consider is the screen size. Your viewing distance and budget need to be considered as well as how much of a video nick-picker you are. How far from the TV is your seating?

Kakameime

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
I am 10 feet away from the wall....I am checking the NANO90 and it seems to check all the boxes for future proofing PS5/Xbox console. I guess my question is - is the quality that much of a difference? I mostly watch 70% Netflix/Movies, 20% gaming and 10% Sports. I honestly don't care about the $$$ as long as I don't regret getting the smaller screen

Decisions decisions.....

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
For 10' a 77" TV is ok, but larger would give you a more immersive experience. However, with all this said at 10' I don't think the larger screen size would outweigh the better picture quality that only an OLED TV can deliver. This is especially true when watching in low ambient light. If you were further away I would recommend the larger screen.

Kakameime

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank
Got it. Thank you!

If I decide to order (just need a little push lol) what would be the best way? go to the VE site and click buy now? or contact you? I ask because I have questions about calibration, insurance/warranty and delivery estimate.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I watch a 120" screen at between 8-9 feet. I laugh at those recommendations online that recommend you sit further back. No thank you, this is perfect for me. Immersion > all.

Robert: super stoked to help my bud install his 65cx on Monday. Thanks for a smooth transaction so far, and look forward to posting screenshots on arrival.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I watch a 120" screen at between 8-9 feet. I laugh at those recommendations online that recommend you sit further back. No thank you, this is perfect for me. Immersion > all.
Are you only viewing pristine content? I'd imagine anything sub blu-ray would be unwatchable at that size and distance.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I hope to be in the market for a 75” LG OLED next year. Will there be an OLED in that size for $2500? Those $5K prices will not get me.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Unboxed and installed my buddy’s 65cx yesterday. As expected it’s terrific. Few things we are running down (Xbox doesn’t support VRR?) but overall he is very happy with it. AVS posters seemed to suggest using film maker mode was way to go but so far we strongly disagree. Maybe if you get a pro calibration but not on your own. We set via cinema home with a few tweaks and it looks both bright and accurate. Thanks @Robert_Zohn for another amazing sale :)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Thank you Sam!

LG's 2020 CX series OLED TV supports VRR, G-SYNC Compatible, FreeSync and ALLM. I'm not a gamer, but thought the Xbox supports VRR?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Get in line behind me FOMO

hey wanted to let everyone know wegot my buddy’s CX up and running and it’s really great. If you are even thinking about it give @Robert_Zohn a call you won’t regret it. Make sure you have your black level matched to external devices tho! That vexed is for a few days :)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just got an update from LG.

They moved my allocation of 48" CX OLED TVS up so they are now scheduled to arrive the week of June 1st!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes, glad you asked! I'll get confirmation Tuesday, but it's likely we'll get an earlier allocation of 77" CX Series OLED TVs.

I'll post here when I get LG's update.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks