Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The 48" is $2000 in Canada - still a little too pricey for me. If it drops to $1500, or ideally $1200, then I'll pick one up. For now, I'll stick with the 42" plasma.

Reactions: Robert_Zohn

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's not a space issue so much as a distance/content issue. The seating is only about 6 feet from the screen and off-angle, so LCD is out, and it's mostly for cable (well, technically IPTV) that comes in at over-compressed 720p, along with some Netflix and Amazon streaming. I think anything over 50" is just going to magnify the flaws in the image. I have 60" set, as well, that I only use for watching movies.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I'm sure you thought of an articulating wall mount, but would that work in your application.

LG's new a9 Gen 3 and Sony's X1 A8H Ultimate processor have so nicely improved scaling and up-conversion that I believe you would like how compressed 720p looks on these new TVs and Netflix and Amazon Prime streaming look beautiful.

Sam Posten

Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey for anyone waiting on my very important first impressions: LG hosed over Value and has not shipped yet despite telling them it would be in stock on the 1st. Now it's maaaaybe this week, probably next.

Fing clown shoes, LG...

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
LG's 48" CX was originally scheduled for mid June then we were updated for this week and now rescheduled for next week.

I don't take this personally as it's a delay for all USA dealers.

Reactions: Sam Posten

TheFOMO

Grip
Real Name
QT Fomo
LG's 48" CX was originally scheduled for mid June then we were updated for this week and now rescheduled for next week.

I don't take this personally as it's a delay for all USA dealers.
For some context, these delays are affecting all electronics coming from Asia. I'm building a few computers right now, and there have been shortages regardless of the components: power supplies, motherboards, graphics cards, cases, etc. There are literally no X570 motherboards or power supplies anywhere (Newegg, Amazon, etc.). Container shipments to the U.S. have not only been reduced due to inbound travel restrictions but more importantly, the containers now hold mostly "essential supplies". Additionally, shipping costs have spiked outrageously so manufacturers batch their shipments into less frequent but larger volumes in order to save money. The last shipment from most all electronics manufacturers were in March, then everything shut down and predictions are that early June is the next batch for all electronics (TVs, computer parts, etc.). It's not LG but all Asian products considered "non essential".

This is an excellent video summarizing what's happening direct from the Asian suppliers themselves:

Sam Posten

Real Name
Sam Posten
Right, we all expected delays due to Pandemic. That doesn’t explain why LG told dealers to expect early shipments and have now reneged. I’m not mad, just amused by the incompetence.

TheFOMO

Grip
Real Name
QT Fomo
Right, we all expected delays due to Pandemic. That doesn’t explain why LG told dealers to expect early shipments and have now reneged. I’m not mad, just amused by the incompetence.
Heh, gotcha. LG could have said nothing about a potentially earlier date and nobody would have cared!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I'm partly guilty on this one as I've been pestering LG to get these shipped ASAP and they bent a little under the pressure, but could not get them packed and shipped as fast as we all hoped.

Reactions: Sam Posten

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I see the issue as no different than how Best Buy gets the first allocations from most manufacturers. This is just another example of the favorable treatment Best Buy gets from most Consumer Electronics manufacturers. In this case it's a one week advantage that Best Buy gets in the availability of the 48" CX.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Today I got a call from a few LG executives telling me my company one of only 10 dealers selected in the USA to be a PINNACLE Dealer and to have all of the many benefits for our company and all of our clients. For now the program is so new that I was asked not to disclose all of the exclusive benefits, but one that means a lot to me is priority allocations of constrained hot TVs and other LG a/v products.

I tested this benefit by placing POs for 77GX, 77CX and 77ZX TVs and was granted very nice allocations. I fact, we'll be the first dealer getting LG's 77" ZX 8K OLED TV.

I'll announce several of the other benefits as I get permission to discuss them. Value Electronics's LG PINNACLE Program officially starts this Wednesday, July 1, 2020.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
Today I got a call from a few LG executives telling me my company one of only 10 dealers selected in the USA to be a PINNACLE Dealer and to have all of the many benefits for our company and all of our clients. For now the program is so new that I was asked not to disclose all of the exclusive benefits, but one that means a lot to me is priority allocations of constrained hot TVs and other LG a/v products.

I tested this benefit by placing POs for 77GX, 77CX and 77ZX TVs and was granted very nice allocations. I fact, we'll be the first dealer getting LG's 77" ZX 8K OLED TV.

I'll announce several of the other benefits as I get permission to discuss them. Value Electronics's LG PINNACLE Program officially starts this Wednesday, July 1, 2020.

Congratulations Robert! Hopefully this will also help with the 48CX!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
OMG, these LG guys are serious about the exclusive PINNACLE Dealer program and giving us priority allocations of the high demand and hard to get products! Look what just arrive and more coming later this week.

IMG_0410.jpg

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
July