What's new

LG 2020 CX and GX Series 4K HDR OLED TVs (1 Viewer)

GammaMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard Laudadio
Does that mean the 77cx will be available to the pre-orders soon? Congrats on the Pinnacle designation Robert

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
1593895445066.gif

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Appears Best Buy really did get the lions share from LG. I've seen new orders getting shipped in 24 hours. I know LG has to go where the money is, but it's a bit sad how LG are treating BB vs dealers like @Robert_Zohn
If it's any consolation, maybe later production batches receive incremental improvements due to better QC over the course of production - LOL that's what I'd like to think.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Looks as though the 48" has either been cancelled or indefinitely delayed in Canada. So I guess I'll be sticking with the plasma for a while.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Manufacturers don't like to discuss it, but we do occasionally see hardware upgrades during the model year. Sometimes it happens from subcontractors and other times it's spec'd by the TV engineers.

Several items have caused several unexpected delays. First, it LG's decision to give priority to Best Buy. Other factors are the much larger than expected demand for the 48" CX. The government in Mexico closed LG, Sony's and Samsung's assembly plant for 3 weeks and imposed several limitations on the amount of workers permitted in the plant ad other health and safety rules. Finally, LG's new OLED manufacturing factory in China is making all of the 48" modules and LG Display has not been able to get the new plant funning at peak capacity.

48CX have just started to slowly ship and more are promised next week.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Nice allocations arrive weekly on 77" CX and 77" GX. Another 12 piece shipment is are arriving tomorrow morning and every week thereafter.

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Robert, can you ask LG product managers the following?
Regarding 2020 LG TVs certified as either Freesync "Premium Pro" or "Premium", and specifically, how does the LG OLED 77GX (certified Premium Pro) differs from the nearly identical LG OLED 77CX certified one tier lower as "Premium". I've attached the AMD Freesync spec sheets comparing the 2 TVs which appear to be identical. It appears that both TVs offer LFC and HDR (the distinguishing features of Premium Pro). If not the same, what are the additional Freesync features on the 77GX and not the 77CX?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.28.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.28.39 AM.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks