What's new

Lexicon MC-1 software upgrade (1 Viewer)

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all...up hear in Toronto, the best price I can get to upgrade the MC-1 from ver 1 to ver 4 is between $700.00 to $800.00 (Cdn.).

In the U.s., I heard that the upgrade would cost betwen $400.00 to $500.00 (Cdn.). I was wondering if this is true? If so, is it possible to just buy the chips from Lexicon or an authorized dealer and have a dealer up hear in Canada install them?

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Hi Chris:

I thought the v.4 upgrade was about $400 US, so your quoted price would be in line. Check with Canadian Sound in Brampton (ask for Don Bell), they are a Lex dealer and know their stuff. I bought my MC-1 from Brack (don't believe they carry Lex any longer), already equipped with v.4. Did you just pick up the unit...?

Herb.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Herb...I got my unit in December 2000 off of ebay. I called Lex and they told me that the unit has not been used for an upgrade yet, so if I decide to upgrade with a trade-in I still have that option when/if it becomes available.

The person that I bought it from said that he could get the upgrade for me at $250.00 (U.S.)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Hi Chris:

I'm facing the same dilema with respect to upgrading the MC-1. Since our units are eligible for the upgrade to the new unit due out later this year or early next, I think (at least sometimes) we'd be crazy not to upgrade in light of what we will be offered for our units. Problem is, I'm still tickled pink with the MC-1 and I keep wondering if my "upgrade slush fund" wouldn't be better served focusing elsewhere in the theater. On the flipside, I wonder what our units will be worth if we don't do the upgrade.... Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when it is finally released and see what we are offered and what the difference in price will be.

In your case, I think I'd still go the v.4 route as you'll be compensated (not sure on the percentage) for at least having the up to date version on the unit.

Herb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks