What's new

FS: Lexicon MC 1 V4.0 pre amp surr. processor (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
My unit has been well taken care of and rack mounted for the last 5 years. I have all the orginal boxes, manuals and remote. I will double box the unit for safe shipping. Originally $6,000. I will sell this unit for $950 double boxed, insured and delivered via Fed Ex ground. I accept paypal and money orders. I've been a long time member here, AVS and audiogon (rboster). Let me know if you have any questions at [email protected]

BTW: I just check recent completed auctions on ebay. The price range shipped was $1,025 to $1,075

Central to the MC-1's design is Lexicon's unique DSP expertise, applied to all surround and ambience modes (and all other digital audio processing functions). The MC-1’s eight channel architecture employs high-speed digital signal processing to perform all surround decoding, crossover equalization and configuration functions. Because the MC-1 includes five DSP "engines" individually dedicated to surround format and major audio functions, fully optimized processing is guaranteed. On board, are two dozen modes including both the Dolby Digital and DTS digital surround decoding systems in state-of-the-art implementations. The MC-1 also features a refined version of Lexicon's proprietary LOGIC-7 surround algorithm. LOGIC-7 has been universally praised as the finest surround process yet devised for film-sound and pure-music playback of both matrix-encoded and un-encoded stereo recordings. This exclusive Lexicon system develops 7.1-channel, surround/ambience, employing stereo side and rear channels, that rivals (and in some cases out-performs) 5.1-channel discrete reproduction. The MC-1's LOGIC-7 processing is further able to "down-convert" 5.1-channel recordings to 2-channel media such as MiniDisc, CD-R, or even Hi-Fi videotape, such that yet when re-played via LOGIC-7 it will recover the content and performance of the original discrete recording.

To optimize performance under real-world conditions, the MC-1 features several newly developed options. In the event that an MC-1 processor is used in a less-than-optimum system, the MC-1 can create additional "virtual rear" speakers to provide the seven channel experience even if only five channels are used. A unique low-frequency enhancement algorithm, also inspired by recent research, delivers smoother, more enveloping bass when used with full range speakers at the front, side or rear. In addition to the THX™ specified 80-Hz crossovers, 120-Hz and 40-Hz double precision crossovers are available, optimized for high-end systems that combine extended-low frequency main speakers, subwoofers and smaller satellite speakers. Of course, the new MC-1 also incorporates the full range of THX™ 5.1 enhancements and is THX Ultra™ certified. The MC-1 is fully automatic, selecting the highest-performing available surround mode of your choice from any recording.

Lexicon’s discrete digital bus architecture provides system upgradeability: Lexicon has long been the leader in providing audio performance software enhancements, and the MC-1 as well can be easily upgraded. Additionally, the MC-1 incorporates a six-channel digital input array. Should future audio formats provide a new type of six channel digital bitstream, an outboard processor can feed these signals directly to the MC-1’s high performance DACs.

Complementing the MC-1’s extraordinary digital processor power are exceptional analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion systems, plus a sophisticated anti-jitter circuit for digital sources.

A new true 24-bit delta-sigma digital-to-analog converter design is employed on all eight output channels, providing stunning performance and 96kHz compatibility. Separate digitally-controlled analog volume attenuators complement the high performance DACs with their internal 24 bit 8x digital interpolation filters and multi-bit modulators. A unique enhanced dual bit delta-sigma 24 bit analog-to-digital conversion design achieves an astoundingly wide dynamic range, while retaining the superior low distortion characteristics of conventional single bit delta-sigma A/Ds. Refined circuit design and carefully selected analog componentry further contribute to sound quality that sets a new reference standard for both film sound and music.

Lexicon recognized that to lead the industry, the MC-1 must be state-of-the-art in video as well as audio. The MC-1 incorporates a broadcast-quality video switcher that ensures loss-free routing of images with zero performance penalties. The MC-1 accommodates eight video sources, composite or S-Video, while identical numbers of stereo analog-audio inputs and digital inputs—five coaxial and three optical—combine for completely flexible system configuration. A digital output for digital input sources allows direct dubbing when used with a digital-recording component (DAT, MiniDisc or CD-R). The MC-1 also incorporates a remote zone output that permits multi-room system design and flexible recording.

MC-1 effects and settings are extensively customizable by owners and/or installers, for tuning to room acoustics, system configuration, and personal preference. The MC-1’s elegant look belies its exceptional power and flexibility. An attractive blue vacuum florescent front panel readout allows easy viewing from any angle, in any lighting conditions The remote handset features a glow-in-the-dark that instantly illuminates all its controls with cool blue light. The MC-1 menu system incorporates virtually every function, option, and parameter setting.. Two 12-volt "trigger" blocks, a direct infrared-data input, and dual RS-232 serial ports provide system control expansion capabilities an easy integration with media control or home-automation systems.

Link to more info: http://www.lexicon.com/products/overview.asp?ID=6

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks