What's new

Lexcion Logic 7 vs DTS 6.1/DDEx (1 Viewer)

JohnDW

Agent
Can anyone with a lexicon processor(or even perhaps an HK receiver)give their opinion on logic 7 vs competing surround forats for 7 channels (DTS 6.1 and DDEx).

If Logic seven is a good as they say it is, I could create a convincing "7" channel sound and save myself the price of the 6th and seventh speaker. Ive heard great things about Logic 7 esp on 5 channel material - does a 5 speaker logic 7 system create as realistsic a surround experienece (esp on DVD movies) as DDEx and DTS ES, let alone DTS 6.1 discrete ?

Holger

Stunt Coordinator
hi john,

what you are talking about is the HRTF in the lexicon processors. This means Head Related Transfer Function. it works great to achieve a more believable and realistic level of surround experience. thing is, it is only working on one good dedicated place to listen, namely in the middle. if you want to go with logic7, i would strongly recommend a *real* 7.1 speaker set up, to achieve the maximum effect.
to your question: yes logic7 is IMO far superior to dolby ex/dts es weather it be matrix or discrete. in fact it is so much better, that i personally never have use of those 6.1 formats with one exception. to show my friends, or anyone who is interested for that matter, the drawbacks of 6.1 or better the advantages of 7.1

regards, holger

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I agree with Holger! I have the V4 chip for my MC1 but have not bothered to install it yet.I had A Ref 30 before with 6.1 capabilities and the Logic 7 beats it hands down! I would use it with a full 7.1 setup. With the tweak-ability of the Lex's surround sound has never been better in my listening environment

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks