What's new

Letters From a Nut = Seinfeld? (1 Viewer)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I saw this onwww.titantv.com. There are rumors that it's Jerry Seinfeld's alias.
The concept sounds like what Don Novello (Father Guido Sarducci) did back in the 70's as Lazlo Toth. He sent letters to everyone from Presidents to Mr. Bubble. I specifically remember a letter to Nixon after he resigned that said "I once got kicked off a bowling team, so I know how you feel." If you find a copy of the Lazlo Letters, pick it up. It is truly hilarious.
Ralph

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Sounds more like the work of Larry David. :laugh:
Either way, it sounds like fun. Never heard of these books before.
/Mike

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ralph can you be more specific about were you saw that on titantv.com?

that link is to their tv programming guide not to the thing you referenced in your post.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I heard Jerry thought the guy was hilarious to the point where he wrote a prologue to the book containing of collection of these letters, but never heard they were one in the same.

Chris

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
There are three "Letters from a Nut" books:
Letters from a Nut
More Letters from a Nut
Extra Nutty
If you have never seen or read any of these, or never even heard of them, do yourself a favor a get these books!!! I can honestly say that they are some of the funniest things that I have ever read. The letters are attributed to a Mr. Ted L. Nancy of Thousand Oaks California, and each letter includes the reply that he received from the organization or person that he wrote. Sometimes the responses are even funnier than the letters that Nancy writes. It has long been rumored that Jerry Seinfeld is Ted Nancy, because Seinfeld wrote the forwards to each of the books. I however tend not to believe this theory (but that's just me!).
Perhaps I'll post some examples of a few of the letters when I get a chance. These are one of the only things that I have ever read and laughed out loud to (even when by myself).
Do yourselves a favor and check it out....you wont be disappointed.
-Tom

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Tony,

It was in the news section. I just clicked on my link and went right to the article. It seemed to work fine.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
When the books fist came out, there was a bit of a controversy over who the actual author was. I believe one of the writers or producers of Seinfeld was also listed as a possible author. I remember seeing a couple interviews early on where Seinfeld never really denied being Ted Nancy. Later on he was more direct in his denials, but still remained a bit vague. I personally think that the books are the work of more than one person, one of whom is Jerry Seinfeld. I'm not overly concerned with who the actual author is, but more concerned with how funny a lot of the letters are. Some seemed to fall flat, while others are so hilarious that they drove me to tears. I recommend getting all three, or at least spending the afternoon in a nice comfy chair at Barnes & Noble reading through them.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
The books are HILARIOUS and I have the first to. I tend to think these are the work of larry david and not seinfeld. What people fail to realize is that the seinfeld we think we know is really larry david.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks