What's new

Lethal Weapon 4 - Director's Cut??? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance that Lethal Weapon 4 - Director's Cut will ever see the light of day? I know i'm probably not alone in owning the first 3 weapon's but not the 4th. It would be really cool if Mr. Donner would go ahead with his Director's Cut of LW4. I refuse to buy the one that's been out, especially since the first three are in dts, and have all of the bonus footage added into the films already. Part 4 was a great movie and I hope it gets the justice it deserves.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
No.
You won't be seeing any more DTS titles from Warner in a long while. And the Lethal Weapon 4 release that is currently out is a Director's Cut by the way.
Otherwise, welcome to the forum Ryan :)

HenrikTull

Second Unit
According to Warner: The first batch of DTS titles (Twister, Lethal Weapon 1-3 and Interview With the Vampire) didn't sell well enough for them to do more. Too bad, they were really on to something with full - bitrate DTS tracks.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Was Twister full bit rate? I'm not hear to start a big DTS vs. DD debate - although I realize what I say might - but I remember most people agreed that the DTS track sounded identical to the DD in regards to Twister. I was never able to compare the other movies mentioned.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
LW4 was one of 5 free titles I got when I bought my DVD player about 2½ years ago (they awlays had deals like that at the time).
For this past Christmas my wife got me the LW 1-3 DC Box Set. I had stuck in LW4 and enjoyed it back in the fall, and had casually said that I hope I get the other three for Christmas. The angel, she remembered. :)
I'll take what I got, of course...but if I had to pay for my LW4, I might feel the same way you guys do!
My advice, pick up the one that's out, but try to find a cheap used copy or some other deal.

Rob T

Screenwriter
LW4 was one of 5 free titles I got when I bought my DVD player
Me too. :)
I own 1, 2 (both director's edition) and 4. I can't find #3 in any of the stores here and my mom doesn't really like to order stuff over the internet. :frowning:

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
LW3 Director's Cut should be in the cheap DVD bin at Wal-Mart. There is no P&S so you'll get it in WS. I got all three for $14.99 apiece. Great buy. I ordinarily wouldn't buy DVD's from WalMart, but this was an exceptional bargain (no box set though).

Rob T

Screenwriter
LW3 Director's Cut should be in the cheap DVD bin at Wal-Mart. There is no P&S so you'll get it in WS. I got all three for $14.99 apiece. Great buy. I ordinarily wouldn't buy DVD's from WalMart, but this was an exceptional bargain (no box set though).
It should be, but it isn't. Not here, at least. I got 1 & 2 from the cheap bin at Wal-mart, but I've never seen #3 there.
I saw it at The Future shop once, but I didn't have enough money with me at the time to get it. I went back there a few weeks ago to get it and only #4 was there. :frowning:

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Warner has started to put out more DTS titles and they will continue to do so. Like I said before, Warner will continue with DTS, they never said never, they just said it would be done on a title by title basis.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Lethal 4 is the director's cut. It had such a short production time from principal photography to final cut, that there was probably little interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks