Lethal Weapon 4 - Director's Cut???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan_TD, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Ryan_TD

Ryan_TD Stunt Coordinator

Any chance that Lethal Weapon 4 - Director's Cut will ever see the light of day? I know i'm probably not alone in owning the first 3 weapon's but not the 4th. It would be really cool if Mr. Donner would go ahead with his Director's Cut of LW4. I refuse to buy the one that's been out, especially since the first three are in dts, and have all of the bonus footage added into the films already. Part 4 was a great movie and I hope it gets the justice it deserves.

2. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

No.
    You won't be seeing any more DTS titles from Warner in a long while. And the Lethal Weapon 4 release that is currently out is a Director's Cut by the way.
    Otherwise, welcome to the forum Ryan [​IMG]

3. Zack Scott

Zack Scott Stunt Coordinator

One question...Why?

4. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

I also only own the first 3, but that's mainly because I think #4 isn't as good as #1-3.

5. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

According to Warner: The first batch of DTS titles (Twister, Lethal Weapon 1-3 and Interview With the Vampire) didn't sell well enough for them to do more. Too bad, they were really on to something with full - bitrate DTS tracks.

6. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Well American Outlaws snuck out with a DTS track (in Region 1 at least). SO never say never

7. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Was Twister full bit rate? I'm not hear to start a big DTS vs. DD debate - although I realize what I say might - but I remember most people agreed that the DTS track sounded identical to the DD in regards to Twister. I was never able to compare the other movies mentioned.

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

LW4 was one of 5 free titles I got when I bought my DVD player about 2½ years ago (they awlays had deals like that at the time).
    For this past Christmas my wife got me the LW 1-3 DC Box Set. I had stuck in LW4 and enjoyed it back in the fall, and had casually said that I hope I get the other three for Christmas. The angel, she remembered. [​IMG]
    I'll take what I got, of course...but if I had to pay for my LW4, I might feel the same way you guys do!
    My advice, pick up the one that's out, but try to find a cheap used copy or some other deal.

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

10. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I also received LW4 as part of that 5 free discs offer that Sony provided when I first purchase my player a couple of years ago. Great disc....I don't think that they will reissue this title for a long, long time. Why would they? They have so many films waiting in their vaults for a release...I'd rather they tend to them first-and soon.

11. Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner Stunt Coordinator

LW3 Director's Cut should be in the cheap DVD bin at Wal-Mart. There is no P&S so you'll get it in WS. I got all three for $14.99 apiece. Great buy. I ordinarily wouldn't buy DVD's from WalMart, but this was an exceptional bargain (no box set though).

12. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

13. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Warner has started to put out more DTS titles and they will continue to do so. Like I said before, Warner will continue with DTS, they never said never, they just said it would be done on a title by title basis.

14. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

Lethal 4 is the director's cut. It had such a short production time from principal photography to final cut, that there was probably little interference.

15. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

Twister *is* fullrate DTS btw.