What's new

Leon: 10th Anniversary Edition coming "later this year" (1 Viewer)

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon

Agreed.

I can't imagine why or how the Superbit Leon still came with the bad audio when this was specifically corrected in the previous release. One can only hope they don't simply import the Superbit audio mix for this new DVD.

Anyone knows if the old R1 DVD will be OOP anytime soon (if not already)?

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Going back to what Ron said earlier in the thread, I believe Anchor Bay holds the record for releases, for Evil Dead.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Who's said that? People are concerned that it'll be the same old non-corrected disc, and for good reason - CTS never fixed the Superbit so why have faith that they'll do it now? But no one's said for a fact it'll be the uncorrected one - we'll find out when it appears...

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
just a heads up, the older R1 International Version with Corrected audio is only $9.99 at Best Buy this week.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

They've done the "hidden Superbit" before. Adaptation and Punch-Drunk Love come to mind. The original Panic Room disc wasn't the traditional Superbit packaging either.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Saw Natalie Portman on Bravo a week or so ago doing an interview/sit down, talked a little bit about this movie and how strict her parents were

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
They are also releasing a new SE of The Fifth Element.

Columbia will never hesitate to re-release a title as many times as they think they can get people to (re)buy it.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That's not an appropriate complaint for Fifth Element. This is the first time the extras that appeared in the import edition will be available in the US. I suppose they could be faulted for not having done this earlier, but at least they finally came around to fans' requests.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
According to DVD Talk:

"Comparing this to the previous Superbit release yields evidence that this is not the same DTS mix. There is more bass, and more action from the rear channels."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
We can put this to rest now, guys. The audio tracks on the new edition are just fine. My full review will be up some time in the next few days, but I did a quick check as soon as the screener arrived. It is not the same as the previous Superbit release.

Preorder with confidence! :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
That's great news.

I never did double dip on the Superbit, so this is a definite possibility (along with The Fifth Element).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Aaron,

This will be my third dip into this title.

Glad to see that this will be the best
of the three.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I have never seen this movie, but have been intrigued by it for a year or two; I saw the version at BB for $9.99 right before Christmas and was about to get it when I saw this thread. Guess I have a reason to wait now!

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
In the scene where Gary Oldman goes to shoot up Natalie Portman's family there should be Beethoven playing right? I have the old international version and the music is not there for some reason. Only a different Eric Serra score. Does the new version have the segment with the Beethoven music playing?

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody? Was I imagining this? I know plenty of people have the Leon DVD could you check this for me plz.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I saw this movie for the first time last night. It was the U.S. theatrical version. What an EXCELLENT movie. I can't believe I'd never seen it before. The entire cast was outstanding, especially Natalie Portman and Jean Reno. I literally couldn't take my eyes off of it.

The version I watched belongs to a friend of mine, therefore I don't have it all in my collection. I'm now on the hunt for the 2-disc deluxe. I want to see that extra footage! This is bar none one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks