What's new

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga (Wii) (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I just set up the Wii last night, so maybe there's something basic I'm missing.

I play Lego Star Wars for half an hour or so, but can't figure out how to save the game, which should be pretty easy. I can pause the game and find a Quit option, but that one stresses that the current game will be discarded... so anyone know how to save the game rather than starting over each time?

The manual with it isn't helpful; it mentions an Exit to Cantina option that I can't find... can't believe they've made it so hard to save a game.

The documentation with the system is pretty poor.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Can't help you on Wii, but I know on my PS2 version, it auto saves after each level and cannot be saved in the middle of the level. Not sure if it would be the same or not.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
About how long does it take to play a level?

If that's true, it's pretty lame that you can't save when you want to. I'd rather have a basic feature like that than some of the custom junk they have.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The PS3 version appears to work the same way. When I finished the first level, it said "Autosave enabled."

I played maybe 4 or 5 levels (out of many), and the last one took a good hour to get through IIRC. Doesn't bode well for me finishing too many levels. :frowning: Too bad, 'cause the gameplay is a real hoot.

It's pretty lame that I can do a full save of Oblivion at any point but can't in this far less involved game.

On the plus side, you can whip through a level fairly quickly and then return to it later to dig through it for all the collectible stuff.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The easiest way to instantly save the game is to go to bacta tanks inside the cantina where you can create your own character. Just change something like his hat or whatever, and exit out of the change, the game will auto-save.

cheers!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Are those the tanks that look like they're filled with water?

Thanks for the tip; I'll give it a try.

Somehow I got the game saved with about 9000 points but have since got as high as 30,000 without it saving itself again. My hand literally gets too tired from the controller to keep going.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The incomplete Death Star will float on screen for a few seconds whenever an auto-save occurs. Unfortunately, you have to fight all the way through a level in order to trigger the auto-save, unless you use Josh's tip and save at the Bacta Tanks. An unfortunate design choice for a game that allows you to collect bolts both in the hub world, and exit already-completed stages early.

Beware: I found a crash bug in the Droid Factory level. In story mode, on the conveyor belt, if you find and take control of R2D2, then return to the left to de-activate the smashers, and return back along the conveyer to the right, the game will crash every time. This is a great title (I own the PS2 and Wii versions) but apparently a little rough around the edges.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
That tip worked great on the first level. However, on the next where I'm walking around inside some ship, I don't see a way to get back to the cantina except via the menu, and that discards any progress made... any ideas on that?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
In the GameCube version, Lego Star Wars saves whenever you complete a level, but does not offer any in-level save. You can also save exit from the Bar (the various options to spend your credits by buying new characters and silly upgrades). The levels are so short, though, that not being able to save in them is generally not a big deal.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Sadly you cannot save at all during a mission - you only have the option to exit to the cantina (and as you stated, lose your progress on that level). Though it's sort of a bad decision from a design standpoint, the levels are short enough that if something comes up and I have to exit right away, I don't feel too bad. Those studs are pretty easy to make up, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks