What's new

LCD TV Screen Cleaning (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all,

What is a good, safe method to clean a LCD TV? I am wary of wiping it with anything and getting the screen scuffed or scratched. I guess I am a bit paranoid after paying $2,000 for a TV.

I just want to know a good method of cleaning dry dust off one, as well as more severe markings like a fingerprint which natrually will take more to get off. Are cleaners like widex ok? (Used carefully of course.)

I am just looking for some everyday household options for both dry dusting and wet cleaning of my LCD TV. Maybe perhaps too a link with a good LCD cleaning product, if there is one.

Thank you.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've used the CleanDR Screen Cleaner on my various computer, laptop and TV LCDs (and my LCoS RPTV) for a couple of months now, and I like it. The microfiber head is great for everyday dusting (although I also sometimes use a small California Car Duster or even a Swiffer Duster) when used dry. For the odd spot or fingerprint, just mist one side of the microfiber head with the included cleaning spray (never spray directly on the screen), clean, then reverse the head and dry. The spray bottle is stored in the handle, so you never have to go looking for it. I've been very happy with the results.

Regards,

Joe

Mike Gillgannon

Auditioning
Monster makes a good screen cleaner and the package includes a good-sized micofiber towel. As with all Monster products, it's overpriced of course -- around $30 Cdn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks