What's new

4K 65" TV for Living Room (TV, Streaming)? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
After a couple hours research and scrounging and measurements, I figured out how to drop my TV down another 1 1/2” to close the gap to less noticeable. I bought some flat flat, perforated steel and a metal cutter blade for my jigsaw and washers. Cut the steel, and with a lot of fussy trial and error, got the bar connect to the wall mount arms, and arms back on the TV back on the wall. In my haste to finish, I forto get a pic of the TV back before hanging it to clearly show the solution.

it should be stable. I’ve got the steel connect to the bracket at three points, and it bolts neatly to the bottom VESA hole which is more for stability than support strength on this mount.

$20, an afternoon work, and a 1 ½” worth it.
6B4ADF59-12E0-4D71-B025-363663550670.jpeg

3381B657-BE94-4083-9743-155B19BCC372.jpeg

1F46C2F6-9EF1-49B2-BED5-37D34EE49CA5.jpeg
64609C75-BEF0-4FB9-B1CC-689389E6AF0F.jpeg
F1998EE7-66FC-4F1C-AD2B-8DB79BC4F73F.jpeg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations on the new TV!

I was thinking more about OLED again, because I want a new toy. :) But I've learned burn-in is a thing. Sounds like OLED is more susceptible than Plasma ever was. And this is the living room TV all day every day during the daytime. Evening use is varied content with lots of streaming. But it would have HGTV or Food Network station logo in the corner for as much as 10 hours a day, seven days a week.
I know you've already gone with LCD instead of OLED, but I just want to clarify that OLED isn't as big of a problem as it used to be. The inherent issue still exists, but they've introduced a lot of technology to combat it, including very reactive picture dimming when the display is not in use and pixel refreshers to detect pixel deterioration and compensate for them.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Congratulations on the new TV!

I know you've already gone with LCD instead of OLED, but I just want to clarify that OLED isn't as big of a problem as it used to be. The inherent issue still exists, but they've introduced a lot of technology to combat it, including very reactive picture dimming when the display is not in use and pixel refreshers to detect pixel deterioration and compensate for them.
I don’t want to prompt image retention anxiety in current shoppers.

If this tv wasn’t used as daily background noise for my WFH wife, I’d have no burnin concerns.

But this tv can be on HGTV 8 hrs a day all week, weeks a year. I looked at the rtings.com burnin tests. From their results, it looked like I could have practical risk of burnin from station logo in 12-24 months.

And with oled $500+ more, it was a good excuse to make myself stay closer to target budget. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks