What's new

Last House on the Left (unrated cut confirmed!) (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
DVD File is incorrect about the special features - as far as I am aware, there is well over an hour of extra features: 30 minutes of deleted outtakes, a 30-minute retrospective documentary and another featurette on the most horrifying moments in the film (take your pick).

Still, good to see a cult classic done right by a major studio - Paramount and Warner Bros take note!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how much these publicity people who put out misinformation are being paid. It seems to me to be TOO MUCH if they cannot handle a simple press release without screwing it up. I could do a better job. Maybe I should apply. In any case I'm glad to hear it from the source that this release is not the "R" rated cut version.;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Just for the record, this is consultant David Szulkin's complete explanation of the current state of the LHOTL DVD, posted at another website and printed here (since David evidently wants the correction to be heard by everyone interested) in the spirit of information.

"I am writing to dispel some false information posted on your website regarding the MGM DVD release of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. I produced the extra features for the disc and consulted on the restoration of the film. The cut of the film is not the R-rated version. It is the longer, European version of the movie, and represents the most complete cut of the film in existence. I worked with MGM's Technical Services to obtain this version of the film, and to ensure that no footage was omitted.

In addition to the longer cut of the film, the disc includes the long-lost disembowelment scene in its complete, raw form, assembled from never-before-seen dailies. Since the mag soundtrack was destroyed, it was not possible to reintegrate this footage into the feature program. There are also two featurettes on the disc: a 30-minute documentary, and another piece documenting the film's most shocking moments."

Sounds better than good. I'll be all over this disc the minute it streets...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks