What's new

Laserdisc question (1 Viewer)

bud green

Auditioning
I'm just trying to get a bit better picture on my 55" than my Pio 502 (93/94) model. I was looking at a Sony MDP series that is older but the specs include a 3-line comb filter that I do not believe the Pioneer has. Anyone know if it would be worth a try?

bg

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Those Sony models are virtually none of them worth getting. The signal-to-noise ratio is typically rather poor, and what is worse they tend to be mechanically unreliable. The drawers, for instance, love to jam in place. Ask Rachael-B about hers which went berzerk! The truth is, your 55" TV probably [though you did not specify what kind it is] has a better comb filter than the CLD-D502, and you would get a better picture by running composite video to the TV instead of S-Video [which I presume you are doing -- the comb filter is not used otherwise]. Of course, you could always use an external video processor, but for the price of a good one you would probably be better off buying a newer LDP. Try composite video, see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks