What's new

Las Vegas Groups Protest Naked Bambi Hunts (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Wow! One of the oddest thread headers ever, this from Yahoo news...

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Outraged by a Las Vegas company that claims to offer men a chance to stalk and shoot naked women in the Nevada desert with paintball guns, women's groups and government agencies were scrambling to find a way to shut down such "Bambi" hunts.

"As soon as I found out about this, I called for an investigation," Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman said. "Las Vegas is a place where anything goes, but this crosses the line if this is real."

Real Men Outdoor Productions Inc., insists it is doing nothing illegal and only providing another variety of adult entertainment in a city celebrated for sin.

The company has a Las Vegas business license to sell a $20 video of hunters chasing nude women through the woods as a spoof on hunting videos that feature men hunting deer.

That video was staged, Real Men spokesman David Krekelberg said, but it gave rise to the idea of hosting hunts with paintball guns and charging men $10,000 for such weekend tours.

Krekelberg said the company has so far hosted 18 "Bambi" hunts in undisclosed locations around Las Vegas. In each, a hunter faces off with two women dressed in nothing but sneakers, each of whom receive $1,000 and can earn up to $2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball, he said.

:eek:

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Well, unless the paintballs are physically harmful, I see nothing wrong with this. I assume the women are doing this voluntarily to make money (though I have no idea why men would pay to do it), and if prostitution is legal in Vegas, this isn't any more objectionable IMHO.

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
While this isn't something I'm into, if it's all completely legal, people need to get a grip and let it be. I read the artcle and watched the short video on Fox News yesterday about it. They had one of the "bambi's" there. She seemed to really get off on it.

With the recent rullings on privacy, I'm not sure much could be done about this. If these people own the land and are concenting adults...

I can't imagine anyone wanting to be hit by a paint-ball nude. I've been hit through several layers of clothes and it still hurt!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I can't imagine anyone wanting to be hit by a paint-ball nude.
I'm wincing just thinking about it. Especially if "Bambi" got hit in more...sensitive...areas.

I don't see the issue. They've combined stripping and paintball games. Whoop-de-doo.

Although frankly I don't see the appeal. I'd rather play a proper game of paintball with people who are good at it. Who I'm not going to bruise for the next year. ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine anyone wanting to be hit by a paint-ball nude.
I can't imagine some woman wanting to strip, or some woman wanting to perform sexual acts for money.

Also, these womens groups kinda tick me off. If there are women who are willing to participate then they (the groups) have no reason to voice an opinion what-so-ever.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey this would be a good opportunity for law enforcement officers to keep an eye on the men who sign up. You know...those sickos with questionable tastes that (might)murder people, like those killers shown on A&E investigative murder shows?

Er...yeah.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
It's not.
Well, it is legal in the state, though. I assume they're probably doing this somewhere outside the city.

When I saw this it seemed to me like one of those things that would come out in a propaganda rag in some communist country about the decadence of capitalism. Funny that it's true, really.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I don't have the citation for it, but I read this morning that this was all just a publicity stunt to sell the video.....

I can't imagine playing paintball without a face mask.

Note: prostitution is legal by county option in Nevada. Few counties have exercised that option.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Mark. This is a consensual act between adults, and no one is seriously injured (certainly less so than many NFL injuries). It's no one's damn business what these people do.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Do they get the 1000 dollars even if they get hit. If so that's a easy 1000 dollars per hour. I think I would run from paintballs naked for 1000 a hour (just kidding). What gets me is why the guy would pay that much to do that and what do they get to do at the end of the hour with the woman. Everytime I picture this I think about a dog chasing a car what is the dog going to do with the car once he catches the car?

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
$2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball. $1,000 if they get hit.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to be hit by a paint-ball nude. I've been hit through several layers of clothes and it still hurt!
I would bet they don't want to get hit. There are about 1500 reasons why it's better to not get hit. Assume someone advertises on TV that they will pay anyone $1,000 if they will allow them to shoot them with a paintball gun. How long would that line be? The only thing that makes this different than the hundreds of paintball wars going on every weekend is she can't shoot back. While I would think for the safety of the girl she should wear at minimum some sort of head and face protection, the fact that she's nekkid vs wearing camo pants and shirt is the reason some are willing to pay $10,000 for playing rather than just under $100.

While I think it's silly as hell and a complete waste of money, koodos to the the women. Assuming they play the game only once a week and get hit, that's a salary of $52,000 per year for 52 hours of work. Factor in not getting hit (call it a bonus) and you have an earning potential of $130,000 per year. People are paying and getting paid for doing a whole lot of weirder, dangerous or simply discusting things all the time.

[url=http://members.aol.com/nightdog35/spidey_smiley.gif] [/url]

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
While I think it's silly as hell and a complete waste of money
I agree too, but we're also talking about Las Vegas where people spend thousands of dollars to play cards, or watch a slot machine roll through pictures of cherries and treasure chests. :D

People have always wasted money on dumb things.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I heard the founder of this thing on the radio the other day. He said when they started this the girls only wear sneakers and after a while the girls started wearing goggles too. Also he said girls all over the world e-mailing them cuz they wanted to be bambi. I know getting shot by a paintball hurt so bad. But no one is putting a gun on this girls head and tell them to strip and run, right? If guys wanted to pay 5-10k let them be it's their money their wasting not ours.

Anyway to the people who thinks prostitution is illegal in nevada, have you heard the "Bunny Ranch"? It's not that I've been there. I just heard about it..:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks