What's new

large collection of 35mm titles (1 Viewer)

arandagirl

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
Good day everyone. My first post
I have 92 full length feature films in my library. They range from Gone with the wind, Goldeneye, Forest Gump, Camille Claudell... Many US titles, some Australian and some French... Most with good colour, a few not so good.
I am only interested is selling them as a complete package, not individually.
Located in Victoria Australia.
I would like a few opinions/thoughts on the matter.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
As a long time 35mm film collector I do have a few thoughts and suggestions.
If you found a buyer in Australia you would be miles ahead. Shipping to the Usa would be prohibited because of the cost. I purchased one 6 reel print from Australia and shipping was over $200.
92 prints is huge and your potential buyer has no idea as to actual condition (scratches, splices, water damage, VS) so it would be a roll of the dice, at least it would for me. I know it's very time consuming but selling prints one by one is the best way to get rid of your collection, but takes time.
I've been collecting, trading and selling 35mm film for over 40 years and my advice to you either be willing to piece mill the collection out or find a local buyer.
Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks