What's new

Land of the Lost - June 22! (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just watched "Stranger", "Album" and "Skylons"

LOVED the "Stranger" episode
but thought the other two were very dull episodes.

Also didn't think much of "Tag-Team"

But I'm still enjoying this set very much!!

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Hey guys, SEASON 2 is out... have any of you found it locally? -I'm gonna have to order it off of DeepDiscountDVD!

If you *have* purchased it and viewed a couple of episodes....what did you think? As good as season 1?

CAN'T WAIT !!
*rubs hands together*

~Rob

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I just finished watching Disc One. I highly recommend this set. If you liked Season One, you need to have Season Two as part of your collection. I rented them on Netflix but I asked for this set for Christmas.

The interviews are back with Wesley Eure & Kathy Coleman (Will & Holly). I love their banter as they watch an episode together and talk about it.

It's a great set. Amazon is offering it for $34.76 but you could probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So was there ever been any mention why David left as story editor after one season? The show was sucessful, he pretty much had a free hand in doing the show - so why did he bail?

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Well he did mention on the first set that the scripts were being changed on the set.

I also noticed that the Krofts didn't even want to acknowlwedge him on their commentary. I think they gave him a passing mention as one of the writers.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
I'm bumping this thread because of the LAND OF THE LOST subject title.. this other thread has the general "Sid & Marty Kroftt" shows on dvd and lists more than just LotL.

SEASON 3 news:
Land Of the Lost scheduled for March 8th, 2005
This is the season where Rick Marshall gets out of the Land Of The Lost and his brother (Uncle Jack) replaces him. Also, High Bluff gets crushed in an earthquake and they live in the old city (or something)

(per: http://www.Landofthelost.com/forums )

Mick Tees

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: Sign me up. Rhino has done a FANTASTIC job with the LOTL releases. These complete season sets have been a lot of fun to watch with extras that include commentary from the cast.

It's a no brainer.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Michael, have you discoved the really cool easter egg on the season 2 release?

Start the interview with Walker Edminson, then hit the "skip back" button on your remote twice (quickly in succession) and you'll be treated to a 5.5 minute unscripted video of the gang just talking and being themselves... they are looking at old 70's photos.

It's a cool glimpse of the actors!

~Rob

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Hey Rob FM,

I tried a dozen times tonight to watch or find that Easter Egg but have failed. Is there a certain trick to it?
Is it right after he starts talking in the interview? Do I wait a minute or two?

I don't have a "skip back" button. I have a "previous and next" button.

Please advise...

Thanks,

MM

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Hi Michael, I'll copy-n-paste the other methods I found on the website:

Hope one of these methods work for you, it really is a COOL Easter Egg, and is one of the hi-lites of the WHOLE disc!

~Rob

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Thanks Rob! I printed out all the different methods and tried them out on my Sony DVD player. I just couldn't make it work. I waited for the green to show up, hit the menu. I tried the other methods by hitting the back button "bam - bam" in succession, but to no avail. I followed your directions to the "T" but I couldn't get it to work.

I guess these easter eggs are harder to find than I thought.

Did anyone else have trouble accessing them on LOTL S2?

:frowning:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Maybe its a Sony player thing. I haven't tried this for Season Two yet but Season One had a similar method toreach the Easter Egg and I never could get it to work on my Sony player.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Can't you access it via by going to the "title" directly? In other words, use your remote to browse the titles until this particular one shows up.

Steve

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Unfortunately they're not marked. I still have yet to find any easter eggs on any of my tv shows on dvd.

It's like following directions on a treasure map and then discovering the gold. People have given me clear - cut directions but I can't access them no matter how many times I try.

Perhaps it's what Randy said that it might be a Sony DVD player thing. I've had this player since the year 2000. Maybe it's too primitive...

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Michael, do you have DVD drive on your computer?

Maybe you can acess it there and watch it (it's only 5.5 minutes)

???
~Rob

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Hey Rob,
Good thought. I thought of it too. My computer, unfortunately, doesn't have a DVD drive.

MM
:frowning:

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Well, there seems to be 2 different dates for Season 3 to be released.
The guy (George) who, according to my knowledge,helped film the extras for Seasons 1 & 2 stated March 2005 for the 3rd season:HERE
Look in post #12

However, the ever vigilant "David Lambert" from tvshowsondvd.com asked Rhino and they said more like May 2005. Info HERE.

If you watch the hidden extra mentioned in the posts above this one, you'll see that George is that really tall guy talking to Will, Holly and Chaka (Wesley, Kathy and & Phillip)

So.. we may have to wait a little longer to wrap up this final season of LOTL (not including the 1990's version)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I remember this season the least. Uncle Jack to the rescue...

I know it will be a quality release as was the case with the previous two seasons. Rhino hit it out of the ballpark with them.

This also completes the LOTL series which is nice too! (which is something we serious TV show on DVD collectors like to do)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks