What's new

L.I.E. DVD: Why no extra material? I would have thought this movie merited discussion (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I must admit, I felt physically sick through parts of this film but I did my usual glance at the features afterwards.

I was disappointd to see there was nothing, after all the controversy this film caused when released theatrically in the UK, the least I would have expected was interviews on this subject with maybe director/co-writer Michael Cuesta or something from distinguised British actor Brian Cox about why he was prepared to take such a controversial role.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You must be referring to something other than the U.S. DVD, which has deleted scenes and two commentary tracks, including one with Brian Cox and the other with director Michael Cuesta.

- Steve

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I had my expectations pretty high after all the praise this film received.

In the end, I was extremely disappointed - to me, the film was just not knowing where to go with its story.

Much is great: the photography, Brian Cox... BUT: it's all so unsatisfying. NEVER is there a moment of suspense, never a moment of EXPLANATIONS - much of the relationship between the young protagonist and Mr. BJ just remains very shady.

In my opinion, L.I.E. was a drama that I really had problems watching with - not because it made me feel uncomfortable, but because it was just too boring.

Anyway, to get back to the disc: PICTURE is TERIFFIC! So, those who like this movie should DEFINITELY get the US DVD - but: make sure you get the UNRATED version... .

Seb

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Blame Canada!

I have the Alliance version & I tried for other audio channels and the menu never listed anything.

I just checked Canadian site DV-Depot & they have the R rated & uncut versions listed but both are quite pricey which usually means they've brought them in from the USA.

Another case of Canada getting crap from Alliance.

To be honest I wouldn't have watched the whole of the film again with commentary but would have been interested in short interviews.

What's in the deleted scenes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks