What's new

Kola Nut (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
I had a friend recently offer to get me a kola nut. He said a co-worker was selling them, and he'd personally witnessed her drop 40 pounds. This friend wouldn't put me on-he's close, and he's going to just give me it, so it's not a money thing.

He says that you break it into 31 pieces, and eat a piece a day. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, especially first hand. What side effects are there? Is it effective? (I mean, the lady did lose 40 pounds).

CRyan

Screenwriter
No personal experience here. However, it is simply a stimulant. Can increase heart rate etc. giving all the same side effects of ephedra and the like. Not something you want to take often as these can have negatvie effects on your body for the long term. Increased kidney and liver size to name just two. I believe it is found in some diet pills and would not be much different than something like Metabolife. Although, at least with Metabolife, you are getting a standard quantity that has now been tested by millions unfortunately. You don't know exactly how much you are taking with this. Too much could be dangerous. If you have any indications of heart problems or family history of heart valve issues, this would be a no go altogether.

Anyway, it would be a free stimulant that might cost $40 at GNC. If you like the idea of taking a stimulant to lose weight, than that is up to you.

C. Ryan

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
I agree with C. Ryan.

The main stimulant in Kola Nut is caffeine which may elevate your blood pressure, increase your heart rate, and may cause other heart problems.

Many diet products making the news lately due to their adverse effects on people have a mixture of ephedra (Ma Huang) and something containing caffeine (Kola Nut, or Guarana).

Many believe it is the large amount of caffeine in the formulas combined with the ephedra that make it dangerous, rather than the ephedra alone as presented in most news reports.

Jay Taylor

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Kola nut is a staple of the north of my country (and pretty much of the whole saharian/sub-saharian africa), where the population is largely muslim. Merchants seat around eating this thing all day. As was said above, it's a stimulant.

Side effects? Yellow teeth.

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks