What's new

Klipsch V Klipsch..old v new (1 Viewer)

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
It was recommended in an earlier thread that I audition the Klipsch RF-7 series. Apparently, they are discontinued, but still available... The dealer told me the RF-82 series is comparable...Her is the email in a nutshell:

I confirmed that the RF-7 line of loudspeakers is discontinued. There is limited availability of the RF-7 and RC-7, but no RS-7 (the surround speakers) are available.

Pricing on what is available is as follows:

Speaker
MSRP
Your Cost

RF-7 floorstanding loudspeakers: available in Black, Cherry, and Maple
$1049 each
$899 each

RC-7 center channel, available in black or cherry
$649 each
$579 each

If you need a recommendation for a compatible surround speaker, I would suggest the RS-62 surround, available in black for $479 each.

There are no guarantees the discontinued units will be available, so acting quickly is the safest way to ensure getting the product.

Based on our brief conversation, I would like to recommend the following setup, which feature current products.

Klipsch RF-82 Home Theater

Speakers
MSRP
Your Cost

RF-82 floorstanding speakers
$499 each
$469 each

RC-62 center channel speakers
$449 each
$399 each

RS-62 surround speakers
$499 each
$479 each

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I would buy Klipsch Legend speakers if you can find them.

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
They should be able to do you better on the prices. i paid $318 for the RC 62.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I'm wondering if the 82's are comparable to the RF-7 Series.

Price listed includes set up, delivery and removal of packaging. He said he would take off 25 dollars per speaker if I pick them up which totals to 125 dollars in savings for a 35 minute trip

Dan Keefe

Second Unit

the guy says he can get the RF-7s but he has the 82s setup in store. I will be in the erie area this weekend and am going to listen to the Paradigms again while the Klipsch's are still fresh in my mind

I will be using Private Ryan and Journey's One Night in Houston as reference discs...may also bring along Pulse or Zoo TV.

Basically the RF-7s are twice as much...So I am guessing that teh 82 Series is less speaker than I am looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks