What's new

A new (Forum)old guy (1 Viewer)

Snyd

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoffrey
Hello Forum

I’ve always liked making things and this is the one thing I’ve built that my wife and I have use at least a couple days a week for several years. I have some questions regarding speakers that I’ll post in another thread. I am looking forward to your thoughts and opinions.

I built my Home Theater when I finished out my basement (low ceilings) 6 years ago. The walls are 6" insulated, staggered stud walls with Green Glue sandwiched between two layers of 5/8" gyp on both the inside and outside wall studs. The room seats 6, with 3 seats on a riser. It is wired (in-wall) for a 7.1.4 system. I made the bass traps using OC 703 glass and Roxul panels. In the past few years, I’ve gone through some changes and have ended up with the set-up listed below.

All the speakers in the HT are Klipsch with the exception of the JL Audio Fathom subs.

The equipment in the TV room consists of some things that started in the HT but were replaced. I’ve had a couple false starts on the TV room which resulted in the mix of Klipsch, Revel, and Paradigm speakers. I hope to end up with all Revel speakers by this fall.

Home Theater Room.

Projector: JVC RS600U (calibrated)
Screen: Stewart Filmscreen 123" Studiotek G130
Receiver: Onkyo TX NR3030
Disc Player: Oppo 203 and Oppo 103
Mains: Klipsch RF-7 ll's
Center: Klipsch RC-64 ll
Subs: 2 - JL Audio Fathom 113's
Surrounds: Klipsch R-62's
Rear Surrounds: Klipsch R-5650-Sll's
Overheads: 4 – Klipsch R-5650-Sll's
Rack: Middle Atlantic

TV Room (upstairs)

TV: LG EF6500 OLED (calibrated)
Receiver: Onkyo TX 5800
Disc Player: Oppo 95
Mains: Revel Performa3 206's
Center: Paradigm Studio C-590
Sub: Klipsch RT 10D
Surrounds: Revel S30's
Rear Surrounds: Klipsch 5650S-ll's
Dolby Speakers: Klipsch RP-140SA's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks