Klipsch Sub stop working

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MacLean, Apr 6, 2005.

1. MacLean

MacLean Auditioning

After about 5 years of use, My KSW-12 stopped working. I looked through the port and saw the bass tube is loose inside the sub. Now sub won't power on. Anyone have any similar problemsl like this? Should I go through Klipsch to have it repaired or go to a local shop? Or should I say F it and upgrade?

Thanks

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

IIRC, Klipsch speakers come with a five year warranty. If that's true, then I'd return it to Klipsch. If not, I think I'd still send it to them and if repair estimates were reasonable I'd have it fixed....if not, I'd replace it.

Mort

3. Carl P

Carl P Extra

I would see that as an omen to upgrade. Of course I would see just about anything as a reason to upgrade. If it's under warr, have it fixed. I don't think I would sink a bunch of money in a 5 year old sub unless I paid a bunch of moola for it to begin with.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

they do have a 5yr warranty. if you're still under warranty, take it to any authrorized service center. if it's past 5 years, i'd take it apart first and see if i can figure it out. if not, then i guess you'll have to find out the cost to repair.

a new ksw-12 goes for about 600 (i think...)

it's a pretty decent sub, so if the cost isn't too much, i guess it would be worth repairing.