What's new

Klipsch Sub stop working (1 Viewer)

MacLean

Auditioning
After about 5 years of use, My KSW-12 stopped working. I looked through the port and saw the bass tube is loose inside the sub. Now sub won't power on. Anyone have any similar problemsl like this? Should I go through Klipsch to have it repaired or go to a local shop? Or should I say F it and upgrade?

Thanks

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
IIRC, Klipsch speakers come with a five year warranty. If that's true, then I'd return it to Klipsch. If not, I think I'd still send it to them and if repair estimates were reasonable I'd have it fixed....if not, I'd replace it.

Mort

Carl P

Grip
I would see that as an omen to upgrade. Of course I would see just about anything as a reason to upgrade. If it's under warr, have it fixed. I don't think I would sink a bunch of money in a 5 year old sub unless I paid a bunch of moola for it to begin with.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
they do have a 5yr warranty. if you're still under warranty, take it to any authrorized service center. if it's past 5 years, i'd take it apart first and see if i can figure it out. if not, then i guess you'll have to find out the cost to repair.

a new ksw-12 goes for about 600 (i think...)

it's a pretty decent sub, so if the cost isn't too much, i guess it would be worth repairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks