What's new
World Wide Stereo

Klipsch plan.... (1 Viewer)

RogerL

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger L
I am preparing to setup my first decent surround system.
I have had the usual cheapie setups in the past but I would like your thoughts on this setup:
Klipsch Speakers: Center - RC-35, Fronts - RB-35, Rears - RS-35, Sub RW-12.
Receiver is my Yamaha HTR5560.
What do you guys think?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GregDas

Auditioning
I like my Yamaha/Klipsch combo in my HT.
So, my totally unbiased opinion is...

You'll be happy with that combo.

Greg

Brian Sheldon

Auditioning
sounds like a nice set up. I would bypass the the rw-12 though. It is a fine sub, but more can be had for less money. I have heard it side by side with others and wasn't at all impressed. My friend's svs 20-39 will absolutely embarass it. I actually liked the 10" velo dls 3750 that sat right next to it better--it was listed as half the price of the RW-12. One question. Have you heard these Klipsch speakers. Klipsch are some of the most loved and hated speakers you can get. They have a very distinctive "bright" sound to them that again, some people love and others despise. Make sure you hear them before buying. They are good quality and there are thousands of satisfied customers across the globe that will swear by them. good luck.

RogerL

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger L
I have listened to the lesser series Klipsch and really liked them, the (-25) series. I have also been told that combined with the Yamaha it really helps the depth of the sound and tones down the "overly bright" qualities, not sure if that is true, but all I can say is they sound light years better then my cheap old sony tin cans that fake surround sound :)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a nice system. Any Yamaha receiver made in the last few years has a much smoother sound than previous models. The 5560 will sound great with those Klipsch speakers.

RyanJE

Second Unit
Can I ask how can a receiver have a sound (if the frequency levels are adjusted), isnt a watt just a watt?

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have a similar Klipsch set-up. I have had the following for a month: RF-35's, RC-35,RB-15's-due to space, and a 3 liter sealed AV-12 with a 500 watt amp. I power it with a Denon AVR-2805 and this has the matching DVM-1815.

Receivers make a huge difference in the sound coming out of revealing speakers such as Klipsch. I first tried them with a yamaha RX-V1 which sounded great but I chose not to keep it since it did not have any room EQ. I then purchased an HK 635 which sounded fantastic with movies and music. A very nice balance. Detailed and a very full and dynamic sound. I just sold the 635 as it came with minor cosmetic damage and I did not want to keep it.

I tried a Pioneer 1015 which I absolutely HATED!!! Sounded very veiled without any dynamics. A very thin sounding combo. The Denon I have now sounds very good but still lacks the dynamics of the 635 or the mucicality of the RX-V1.

My opinion is that the Klipsch are fantastic speakers but need to be matched with the right amplifier or receiver. IMO, HK is number one followed by yamaha and then Denon. Of course this is considering they are all in the same class...

steve nn

Senior HTF Member

The 35 line is quite nice Roger. I tried it before the C-7 and found it to be very nice. The 35s up front work pretty darn good also. I wouldn't go with the sub like mentioned though.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Steve,

Which Denon do you use?

My wife will kill me if I change receivers again but the 635 seemed like a perfect match. I actually just purchased two Marantz MA-500 monoblocks for the RF-35's to see if I can further improve the fullness or whatever you want to call it.

I have a close friend who has Chorus II's, RC-7 and two prs of RS-7's with an older HSU sub. He has an HK 635 as well. He also has a 6 channel ADA THX rated amp.

Amazing sound.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The little 1804. I would stick with the HK myself on account of it being a little warmer. Denon is noted for being neutral to a little on the warmer side, but I think I would favor just a tad bit more of warmth now that my ears are 47 yrs old...love them horns though:) I tried the 5 towers, but they were to gaudy looking for my tastes in our living aria and I felt the RB7 sounded just as well. Maybe if I had more power it would have been different?? Klipsch are so sensitive that I figured if there was extra performance to be had, that I didn't want to deviate from whatever (some sub) I was playing with at the time. I'm very happy with how the 1804 drives the 7's, but admittedly when it goes.. I'll most likely do a HK if the reliability issue is taken care of considering it's a little warmer?

Sorry I'm out of touch concerning receivers, but has the reliability issue been squared away with HK? I spend all my time on the Forums in the subwoofer section or DIY area.

Himanshu_S

Stunt Coordinator
The combo that you have is pretty good. As suggested, I would ditch the sub and get an SVS.

I own Klipsch's synergy series(F3s,C3,etc) but I own SVS PB10. They sound awesome with my yamaha 5790. My friend has the HK 635 and its absolutely amazing. crisp clear sound..no distortion.

I have also tried pioneer with my setup it sucked. The sound was just harsh when played at louder volume. With yamaha, I can turn it up as loud as I want and still have sound that I can listen to.

Charles-T

Agent

It all depends on the amplifier design and the quality of components involved.

Personally, I have never heard my Cornwalls sound better than they do hooked up to my Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX receiver.

In the past, I have powered them with a Technics SU-8099 integrated amp, h/k DD receiver, a Yamaha DD receiver, McIntosh MC-250, MC-2100 and MC-7200 amps, Carver M-400t and TFM-35X, BEZ 300B tube amp, Consonance M100SE tube amp, Cary Audio SLI-80 integrated tube amp, an Aragon 2004 Mk II and even a little Sonic Impact digital amp.

Out of all of those receivers and amps, the Pioneer Elite's sound puts all of those others to shame without question. The midrange and treble is where it really shines with the Cornwalls, but even the bass is more lively with the Elite than any of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks