What's new

Klipsch KSW-10...fixit or dump it? (1 Viewer)

MOZfreek

Grip
Real Name
Fabian
Bought a Klipsch KSW-10 for 20 bucks like a year ago....driver and cabinet are fine but it does not turn on, I knew this when i bought it, thinking itmight be the fuse or a loose internal wire, but its not either. Im afraid the whole amp might be fried I read in the internet that these tend to have fuse problems. Does anyone know of a replacement amp for these, (parts express ect.) or do I have to buy it directly form Klipsch...and it its even worth it....Im not using it as my main sub....my MFW-15 takes care of that...i want to more to "help" it out...and maybe down the line I move it somewhere else. ebay has a cheap used amp for total of 70 bucks...now my question is....should I pair it up with my mfw-15 or just leave it alone. Any one owned one of these? how do they sound?...do they go low to the 25hz range like the newer Sub 10 models?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MOZfreek

do they go low to the 25hz range like the newer Sub 10 models?
From the Klipsch web site - "29Hz-120hz(+-)3dB".

If that Ebay amp is working, then get it. If goes for more than $100, then PE amp will better.

MOZfreek

Grip
Real Name
Fabian
Originally Posted by Robert_J

From the Klipsch web site - "29Hz-120hz(+-)3dB".

If that Ebay amp is working, then get it. If goes for more than $100, then PE amp will better.

"then PE amp will be better"....sorry Robert I didn't quite understand what you ment..can you clarify cuz Iam a noob. Is PE a brand ?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I assume everyone knows what my favorite online store is. PE = Parts Express. Here is a link directly to their plate amp selection. http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=505

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks