What's new

Kirkorian putting in the largest screen in the USA in my city! (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
That's right, the city I live in, Menifee, CA (just north of Temecula) will be getting the largest screen in the USA put in within the next year and it just received city council approval last night. The average IMAX size is 72' wide x 53' high. The largest IMAX screen is 117 'w x 96' h and that's in Australia. Smaller sizes are 70' w x 44' h.

The giant screen going up here is ...100' wide x 54' high...making it the largest screen in the USA!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Very cool...

Not to get into a competition, but I'm getting varying measurements on the Lincoln Square IMAX in NYC which is generally considered the largest screen in North America. The IMAX CQO told me a couple years ago that it measured 100' wide by 80' tall.

It's a great size. Do you know what they're going to use for projection? Will it be an IMAX or Dolby Cinema house? If not, will it use something like Christie's 6P laser projectors?

For a brief period, my 100' IMAX screen had to use standard DLP digital projectors before they could get the laser system installed, and the DLP wasn't really capable of filling that screen. Hopefully your new theater will get some projection gear to match the size of their screen!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Assuming it's done right, it's gonna be a thing of beauty!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It's nice to have such options. That's a little more than a half hour's drive from me.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
My thanks to John Sparks for his hospitality in showing me his home theater. John, your enthusiasm for movies is great. I loved hearing your stories about having Ray Harryhausen over, and visiting Forest J Ackerman's house. You're a true fan of SF and horror/fantasy! And your friend Don's setup is awesome! How many people have an actual 35 mm film projector! The trailers we watched were so much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks