What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (15 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I find it interesting that both Al Lettieri & Abe Vigoda of The Godfather would be in another mob related film so soon with The Don is Dead. Al Lettieri was a good actor and a shame he died at a early age of 47.
The Don Is Dead borrows a couple of themes from The Godfather but goes its own way with them. It's a very good gangster film directed by the consistently excellent Richard Fleischer.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 23rd from CODE RED!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Schoolgirls in Chains (1973)
• 2K Scan from the Original Negative
• Audio Commentary by Actor Gary Kent and Writer/Producer/Director Don Jones
• Audio Commentary by Writer/Producer/Director Don Jones and R.A. The Rugged Man
• Audio Commentary by Writer/Producer/Director Don Jones and Cinematographer Ronald Victor Garcia
• Making-of Featurette
• Theatrical Trailer
• Region A/B/C

Color 86 Minutes 1.78:1 Rated R
In a remote country house, a malevolent form of sleaze and terror is being bred. A crazy mother encourages her two sons - raving lunatic Frank (Gary Kent, The Forest) and his not-all-there brother Johnny (John Parker, The Love Butcher) - to kidnap young women and chain them up in the basement. The girls are treated like animals and then subjected to games that grow increasingly sinister and depraved. When the brothers tire of their playthings, the girls must be replaced. This undiscovered exploitation classic is every bit as morally corrupt as you’ve heard. Directed by Don Jones (The Forest, Sweater Girls) and shot by cinematographer Ronald Victor Garcia (Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me), Schoolgirls in Chains is an entertaining slice of early ‘70s sleaze guaranteed to delight and disturb.

738329252809.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 23rd!

Crossed Swords (1977) aka The Prince and the Pauper
• Brand New 4K Restoration by KL – Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
• NEW Interview with Star Mark Lester
• Includes the 121-Minute International Cut (SD)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles (Both Cuts)

Color 113 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
From Richard Fleischer, the outstanding director of Armored Car Robbery, The Vikings, The New Centurions and The Don Is Dead, comes this swashbuckling adventure-comedy starring Oliver Reed (The Hunting Party), Raquel Welch (One Million Years B.C.), Mark Lester (Sudden Terror), Ernest Borgnine (Marty), George C. Scott (They Might Be Giants), Rex Harrison (Midnight Lace), Charlton Heston (The War Lord), David Hemmings (Juggernaut), Harry Andrews (The Internecine Project), Felicity Dean (The Whistle Blower) and Sybil Danning (Nightkill). Crossed Swords is a dazzling action film adapted from Mark Twain’s classic The Prince and the Pauper. Tom (Lester), a poor commoner, accidentally meets Edward, Prince of Wales (also Lester), and they are struck by their similarity of appearance. After switching clothes as a practical joke, they are unexpectedly separated and forced to take on the other’s life. Everything goes completely haywire when the King suddenly dies, leaving Tom to inherit the throne while Edward must convince the people that he is really the new King of England.

Also on DVD:
• 121-Minute International Cut
• NEW Interview with Star Mark Lester
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

738329245221.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 23rd!

THE ALLNIGHTER (1987)
• Audio Commentary by Star Susanna Hoffs and Co-Writer/Director Tamar Simon Hoffs
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• Price-Sulton “No T.V. No Phone” – Music Video
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 108 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG-13
Who says you can’t do it all in one night?
In the beach-party comedy The Allnighter, Molly (Susanna Hoffs, legendary lead singer of The Bangles) is a fun-loving coed whose frustration at having spent four years at a California surf-side college without a significant romance is matched only by her determination to do something about it. Aiding Molly in her last-ditch search for “Mr. Right” is a pair of sexy roomies, Val (Dedee Pfeiffer, Vamp) and Gina (Joan Cusack, In & Out), who decide to gear up for the hottest party of the year and experience the most memorable evening of all time. The fun cast also includes Michael Ontkean (TV’s Twin Peaks), Pam Grier (Jackie Brown), Meshach Taylor (TV’s Designing Women) and Todd Field (Eyes Wide Shut).

738329251789.jpg

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The films were already mentioned in the previous posts, the six Deanna Durbin titles were Mad About Music (1938), That Certain Age (1938), Nice Girl? (1941), Can't Help Singing (1944), Something in the Wind (1947), For the Love of Mary (1948) and the Alan Ladd film, Saskatchewan (1954).
Thank you. I was wondering about the ones being added.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming March 23rd!

Doc (1971)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 96 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
When two-fisted gunslinger Doc Holliday (Stacy Keach, The Long Riders) rides into Tombstone, he’s ready and willing to help District Marshal Wyatt Earp (Harris Yulin, Narrow Margin) clean up the unruly town, just as they did in Dodge. But to Doc’s surprise, Earp has changed from a steely-eyed believer in law-and-order to a greedy opportunist who’ll do anything to be elected Tombstone’s sheriff. To ensure his victory, the unscrupulous Earp enlists Doc’s help in double-crossing the most vicious band of outlaws in the territory, the notorious Clanton Gang. It’s a dangerous scheme that leads to the infamous showdown at the O.K. Corral, where a bloody slaughter transforms villains into heroes... and heroes into American legends. Written by legendary columnist Pete Hamill (Badge 373), directed by the great Frank Perry (The Swimmer) and co-starring screen legend Faye Dunaway (The Thomas Crown Affair) as Katie Elder.

View attachment 82073

I wasn't much of a fan of that whole "revisionist western" movement in the wake of "The Wild Bunch,' but "Doc" was about as good as they come, and Keach and Yulin were terrific.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Bummer. Some good films in this list.
I agree. I guess when people saw Volume 1 on the Durbin collection, they assumed more volumes would follow. I still think more should been released, but if new HD scans were done, perhaps someone else will release more.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I feel bad I haven't ordered volume 1 yet, but certainly plan to do so.

Alas though, I'm sure at this point that they can ascertain with reasonably accuracy what the longer-term sales numbers are likely to be for a title after the initial release window. So probably not much hope that enough latecomers like me will pick this up and change their mind on the sales potential of a volume 2, since they're already factoring in those expected sales.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming March 30th!

A Pain in the Ass (1973)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic Nick Pinkerton
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• In French with Optional English Subtitles

Color 85 Minutes 1.66:1 Rated PG
From director Édouard Molinaro (La Cage aux Folles, La Cage aux Folles II) and writer Francis Veber (The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe, La Chevre) comes this action-comedy starring screen great Lino Ventura (Illustrious Corpses, The Sicilian Clan) with Jacques Brel (Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris) and Caroline Cellier (This Man Must Die). When a hired killer crosses paths with a suicidal shirt salesman, the resulting calamity makes for one of the funniest, most original films you’ll ever see. Ralf Milan (Ventura) has come to Montpellier to fulfill a “contract” that a powerful crime organization has placed on a man about to testify against the mob at an upcoming trial. As Ralf waits for the man in his hotel room with gun in hand, he notices something very strange in the attaching room next door: François Pignon (Brel), a cuckolded, unhappy man who is trying to hang himself, but is failing—ridiculously. Ralf finds himself compelled to protect François from his hapless attempts at self-destruction to avoid attracting attention. What develops is one odd friendship you’ll never forget. Legendary filmmaker Billy Wilder remade the film in 1981 as Buddy Buddy, starring Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.

738329252601.jpg

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I discovered Lino Ventura a few years back and instantly became a fan. I never heard of A Pain in the Ass but with Ventura in it i will probably pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks