What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 2nd!

Stiletto (1969)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian David Del Valle and Filmmaker David DeCotea
• Trailers
• Dual Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Alex Cord (Chosen Survivors), Britt Ekland (The Wicker Man), Patrick O’Neal (The Kremlin Letter) and Roy Scheider (Jaws) co-star in this ultimate spellbinding thriller from Harold Robbins, the creator of The Betsy and The Carpetbaggers. Count Cesare Cardinali (Cord) is a rich jet-setting playboy with a secret life as a professional hitman for the mob. He becomes a human target when he tries to retire, and gets embroiled in an investigation of New York’s mafia kingpin, who had once saved his life. The stellar cast includes Joseph Wiseman (Dr. No), Barbara McNair (The Organization), John Dehner (The Day of the Dolphin), Eduardo Ciannelli (Gunga Din), Lincoln Kilpatrick (The Omega Man), James Tolkan (Back to the Future), Olympia Dukakis (Moonstruck), Charles Durning (True Confessions), Raul Julia (The Addams Family) and M. Emmet Walsh (Blood Simple). Directed by Bernard L. Kowalski (Macho Callahan, Krakatoa: East of Java).

Stiletto.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 9th!

MAN FROM DEL RIO | THE RIDE BACK (Double Feature)
• Brand New HD Masters by MGM
• Theatrical Trailers
• Dual Layered BD50 Disc

(1956) B&W 82 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Screen legend Anthony Quinn (Zorba the Greek) stars as Mexican gunfighter Dave Robles in this classic western directed by Harry Horner (Vicki) and co-starring Katy Jurado (High Noon). After he’s challenged by a few notorious gunfighters who he defeats without breaking a sweat, the town of Mesa hires Dave as their new sheriff. But a crooked saloon owner, Ed Bannister (Peter Whitney, The Big Heat), wants Dave to be placed on his payroll or end up dead like the previous sheriff who was hanged by a lynch mob. The film’s wonderful cast includes John Larch (Play Misty for Me) and Whit Bissell (Not as a Stranger).

(1957) B&W 79 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Screen legend Anthony Quinn (Across 110th Street) is crafty, laconic and rugged as a fatally convicted criminal in this sharp, stylish and off-beat western that delivers genuine excitement! Against the backdrop of the violent Mexican border, a lawman’s grim duty and an outlaw’s despair collide. Texas Marshal Chris Hamish (William Conrad, Four Faces West) is sent to Mexico to bring Bob Kallen (Quinn) to justice. But once Kallen is captured, Hamish finds himself allied with the outlaw against marauding, murderous Apaches. When Hamish is seriously wounded and Kallen sees his chance to escape, which will he choose: freedom... or redemption? Lita Milan (The Left Handed Gun) co-stars in this action-packed western beautifully shot by the great Joseph F. Biroc (The Towering Inferno).

738329252427.jpg

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Coming February 2nd!

Dark Intruder (1965)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Screenwriter Gary Gerani
• NEW Interview with Mike Westmore, Makeup Artist Bud Westmore's Nephew
• Theatrical Trailer (Newly Restored in HD)

B&W 60 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
Dark Intruder stars Leslie Nielsen (Forbidden Planet) as Brett Kingsford, an Occult expert who is brought in by police to help solve a series of murders in which a mystical statue is left at each crime scene. Kingsford soon discovers a mysterious connection between the victims in this gothic horror tale full of atmosphere and suspense that slowly draws viewers into the mystery until the final terrifying reveal. Co-starring Peter Mark Richman (Agent for H.A.R.M.), Judi Meredith (Jack the Giant Killer), Werner Klemperer (TV’s Hogan’s Heroes), Al Lettieri (Mr. Majestyk) and Peter Brocco (The Balcony). Dark Intruder was written by legendary screenwriter Barré Lyndon (Hangover Square, The War of the Worlds) and directed by television and film veteran Harvey Hart (Bus Riley’s Back in Town, The Pyx, Shoot).

View attachment 80908

KL Insider:

Thank you for the great news about Dark Intruder getting a KL release! I know that Dark Intruder was paired with The Night Walker in a December 2015 TCM MOD release on DVD-R, but I am wondering if KL is releasing on both Blu-ray and DVD or just Blu-ray. I have the same question for your releases of Anna Lucasta and A Man Called Adam.

Thank you in advance for responding to my question.

Sean

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I think we and and every other label would've released it if we have could have. A no-brainer.

Thanks for the reply. Wish I knew why this film is so elusive, considering it's a great genre title. I doubt it's music rights. Doesn't seem as though the elements would have degraded since 1980, but maybe they have. Hope it isn't another case of someone possessive like Wade Williams or Susan Hart holding the rights.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Wish I knew why this film is so elusive, considering it's a great genre title. I doubt it's music rights. Doesn't seem as though the elements would have degraded since 1980, but maybe they have. Hope it isn't another case of someone possessive like Wade Williams or Susan Hart holding the rights.

The problem might be who exactly holds the rights to the film. It was made independently by a limited partnership (which indicates multiple owners) called Alligator Associates. The film was then picked up and released by different distributors. An indie distributor called Group I (which probably no longer exists) in the U.S. and different distributors for the rest of the world depending on the country. Lionsgate apparently made a deal for the DVD rights in 2007 which most likely didn't include blu ray rights.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just watched the Alligator DVD a couple nights ago projected on my screen. It actually looks quite good for a 1980 film in SD.

These small independent genre films seem a pain to figure out the rights. It took forever to get Grizzly out on blu-ray, another creature feature film from the same era as Alligator. But we finally got an excellent disc. Hopefully someone will figure out Alligator. If Lionsgate made a deal in 2007, there would seem to be a glimmer of hope.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 9th from Code Red!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Devil Times Five (1974)
• 2K Scan from the Original Negatives
• Audio Commentary by Actors Joan McCall and Dawn Lynn with Producers Mickey Blowitz and David Sheldon, Moderated by Darren Gross
• Featurette with Actors Tierre Turner, Joan McCall, Dawn Lynn and Producer David Sheldon
• Bonus Interviews
• Theatrical Trailer
• All Region

Color 85 Minutes 1.78:1 Rated R
Five children crawl from the wreckage of a deadly van accident in a snowy canyon. The juvenile survivors (including teen heartthrob Leif Garrett) seek shelter at a secluded mountaintop winter home occupied by a rich businessman (Gene Evans, The Steel Helmet) and his friends (including Sorrell Booke, Boss Hogg from TV’s Dukes of Hazzard and Shelley Morrison of Will & Grace). Soon, strange mishaps occur and the group is stranded without electricity and telephones. One by one, the adults begin to fall prey to a series of shocking and violent deaths! By the time the few surviving adults suspect the demented delinquents it may be too late! Called “one of the best entries in the killer kiddie horror sub-genre” by Screem Magazine, Code Red proudly presents this cult classic on Blu-ray, from a 2K scan off the original camera negatives!

Quentin Tarantino Recommends “Devil Times Five”!

https://theplaylist.net/quentin-tarantino-devil-times-five-reccs-20201024/

738329252229.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
KL Insider:

Thank you for the great news about Dark Intruder getting a KL release! I know that Dark Intruder was paired with The Night Walker in a December 2015 TCM MOD release on DVD-R, but I am wondering if KL is releasing on both Blu-ray and DVD or just Blu-ray. I have the same question for your releases of Anna Lucasta and A Man Called Adam.

Thank you in advance for responding to my question.

Sean

Dark Intruder is coming out only on Blu-ray. Anna Lucasta and A Man Called Adam are coming out on both formats.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 9th!
Two Film Noir Classics!

So Evil My Love (1948)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Imogen Sara Smith
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 109 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Lewis Allen, the acclaimed director of The Uninvited, The Unseen, Desert Fury and A Bullet for Joey, comes this classic film noir starring screen great Ray Milland (The Lost Weekend). An innocent woman falls under a villain’s spell in So Evil My Love, a captivating thriller of obsession and deceit. In the late 19th century, English widow Olivia Harwood (Ann Todd, The Paradine Case) meets Mark Bellis (Milland), a charming-but-dangerous criminal who’s renting a room in her boarding house. Hopelessly in love with a man who is playing her for a fool, Olivia soon descends into a life of crime as Mark persuades her to steal from her friend Susan Courtney (Geraldine Fitzgerald, O.S.S.), the wife of a wealthy peer. Discovering a packet of scandalous letters that could ruin the Courtneys socially, Olivia blindly follows the scoundrel’s biddings, leading down a path of blackmail and murder. Co-starring Leo G. Carroll (The House on 92nd Street) and Hugh Griffith (Kind Hearts and Coronets).

The Suspect (1944)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth
• Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 85 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Robert Siodmak, the legendary director of The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross and The Crimson Pirate, comes this classic film noir starring acting great Charles Laughton (Witness for the Prosecution). Philip Marshall (Laughton) is a kind, henpecked accountant who strikes up a friendship with Mary Gray (Ella Raines, Phantom Lady), a young unemployed stenographer who had approached him for work. He gradually finds himself falling in love with her, but keeps the relationship platonic. With his wife suspecting him of having an affair, Philip asks her for a divorce, but she refuses and threatens him with exposure and scandal. When his wife is found dead of an apparent accident, Inspector Huxley (Stanley Ridges, An Act of Murder) of Scotland Yard suspects Marshall of murder, but is unable to prove it or establish a motive.

Noir.jpg

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Coming February 9th!

MAN FROM DEL RIO | THE RIDE BACK (Double Feature)
• Brand New HD Masters by MGM
• Theatrical Trailers
• Dual Layered BD50 Disc

(1956) B&W 82 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Screen legend Anthony Quinn (Zorba the Greek) stars as Mexican gunfighter Dave Robles in this classic western directed by Harry Horner (Vicki) and co-starring Katy Jurado (High Noon). After he’s challenged by a few notorious gunfighters who he defeats without breaking a sweat, the town of Mesa hires Dave as their new sheriff. But a crooked saloon owner, Ed Bannister (Peter Whitney, The Big Heat), wants Dave to be placed on his payroll or end up dead like the previous sheriff who was hanged by a lynch mob. The film’s wonderful cast includes John Larch (Play Misty for Me) and Whit Bissell (Not as a Stranger).

(1957) B&W 79 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Screen legend Anthony Quinn (Across 110th Street) is crafty, laconic and rugged as a fatally convicted criminal in this sharp, stylish and off-beat western that delivers genuine excitement! Against the backdrop of the violent Mexican border, a lawman’s grim duty and an outlaw’s despair collide. Texas Marshal Chris Hamish (William Conrad, Four Faces West) is sent to Mexico to bring Bob Kallen (Quinn) to justice. But once Kallen is captured, Hamish finds himself allied with the outlaw against marauding, murderous Apaches. When Hamish is seriously wounded and Kallen sees his chance to escape, which will he choose: freedom... or redemption? Lita Milan (The Left Handed Gun) co-stars in this action-packed western beautifully shot by the great Joseph F. Biroc (The Towering Inferno).

View attachment 80923
I will get this double feature. I love Anthony Quinn and I liked Katy Jurado a lot in High Noon.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Coming February 9th!
Two Film Noir Classics!

So Evil My Love (1948)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Imogen Sara Smith
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 109 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Lewis Allen, the acclaimed director of The Uninvited, The Unseen, Desert Fury and A Bullet for Joey, comes this classic film noir starring screen great Ray Milland (The Lost Weekend). An innocent woman falls under a villain’s spell in So Evil My Love, a captivating thriller of obsession and deceit. In the late 19th century, English widow Olivia Harwood (Ann Todd, The Paradine Case) meets Mark Bellis (Milland), a charming-but-dangerous criminal who’s renting a room in her boarding house. Hopelessly in love with a man who is playing her for a fool, Olivia soon descends into a life of crime as Mark persuades her to steal from her friend Susan Courtney (Geraldine Fitzgerald, O.S.S.), the wife of a wealthy peer. Discovering a packet of scandalous letters that could ruin the Courtneys socially, Olivia blindly follows the scoundrel’s biddings, leading down a path of blackmail and murder. Co-starring Leo G. Carroll (The House on 92nd Street) and Hugh Griffith (Kind Hearts and Coronets).

The Suspect (1944)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth
• Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 85 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Robert Siodmak, the legendary director of The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross and The Crimson Pirate, comes this classic film noir starring acting great Charles Laughton (Witness for the Prosecution). Philip Marshall (Laughton) is a kind, henpecked accountant who strikes up a friendship with Mary Gray (Ella Raines, Phantom Lady), a young unemployed stenographer who had approached him for work. He gradually finds himself falling in love with her, but keeps the relationship platonic. With his wife suspecting him of having an affair, Philip asks her for a divorce, but she refuses and threatens him with exposure and scandal. When his wife is found dead of an apparent accident, Inspector Huxley (Stanley Ridges, An Act of Murder) of Scotland Yard suspects Marshall of murder, but is unable to prove it or establish a motive.

View attachment 80967
Great announcements!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 16th!

The Kid Stays in the Picture (2002)
• Audio commentary by Directors Brett Morgan and Nanette Burstein
• The Truth About Bob: The Film That Saved Hollywood / The Kid Speaks / On the Red Carpet / Up Close with the Kid / The Spirit of Life Award
• The Truth According to Others: Showgirls on Evans / The Evans Gag Reel / On the Red Carpet
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 93 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Success Scandal Sex Tragedy Infamy... and that’s just the first reel!
Rules are made to be broken. And Robert Evans has broken them all. He was the first actor to ever run a major Hollywood studio. In a decade he took it from worst to first. Voted the world’s most eligible bachelor, he was quintessential Hollywood royalty. In 1979, he had $11 million. With one mistake he spiraled south from legend to leper. In 1989, his worth was $37. Did he come back? Like a phoenix. His saga should inspire the most cynical. To quote Evans, “All my life I’ve lived on the edge and many times it came back to bite me. Was it worth it? You bet your a$$ it was.” His outrageous story proves that, at times, fact is far stranger than fiction. Directed by Nanette Burstein and Brett Morgen; screen adaptation by Morgen, based on the book by Robert Evans.

Filmworker (2017)
• Q&A with Leon Vitali and Director Tony Zierra
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 94 Minutes 1.78:1 Not Rated
Leon Vitali was a rising British television actor when Stanley Kubrick picked him for the role of Lord Bullingdon in Barry Lyndon. That first encounter with the famed auteur proved decisive—he swiftly resolved to devote the rest of his life working for the director, this time behind the scenes, and took on just about every job available: casting director, acting coach, location scouter, sound engineer, color corrector, A.D., promoter, and eventually restorer of Kubrick’s films. Tony Zierra’s affecting documentary profiles the devoted “filmworker”—Vitali’s preferred job title—as he enthusiastically recounts his days with the notoriously meticulous, volatile and obsessive director. The experiences brought both tremendous sacrifice and glowing pride. Filmworker celebrates the invisible hands that shape masterpieces, reminding us that behind every great director, there is a Leon Vitali. — Telluride Film Festival

738329251338.jpg

738329252410.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 16th!

Jetsons: The Movie (1990)
• Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Lee Gambin
• Audio Interview with Voice Actor Jeff Bergman (George Jetson / Mr. Spacely / Board Member)
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Stereo

Color 82 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated G
Set off for some intergalactic fun with America’s favorite family of the future in their full-length animated movie! Meet George Jetson, his wife Jane, daughter Judy, son Elroy, Rosie the Robot and Astro the family dog as they move to an asteroid full of space-age wonders. But when they discover that George’s new company is disturbing the home of friendly underground creatures named Grungees, they’ll have to work together to spread peace on their new space place. Directed by the original creators of The Jetsons, Joseph Barbera and William Hanna, and featuring the voice talents of the original George and Jane Jetson, George O’Hanlon and Penny Singleton, as well as legendary voice artist Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck), and music from pop singer Tiffany, it’s destined to be a universal hit with the whole family!

738329251321.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Nice to see Filmworker getting a BD upgrade. I reviewed the DVD edition and the film in any format is a must-have for Kubrick fans.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 16th!

The Underneath (1995)
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Peter Tonguette
• Theatrical Trailer (Remastered in HD)
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 99 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From Steven Soderbergh, the legendary director of Out of Sight, The Limey, Erin Brockovich, Ocean’s Eleven and Magic Mike, comes this neo-noir thriller based on the novel Criss Cross by Don Tracy. Peter Gallagher (Sex, Lies, and Videotape), Elisabeth Shue (Leaving Las Vegas), Alison Elliott (The Spitfire Grill), Joe Don Baker (Framed), William Fichtner (Go), Adam Trese (Laws of Gravity), Paul Dooley (Breaking Away), Shelley Duvall (The Shining) and Anjanette Comer (The Appaloosa) set the stage for passion, danger, betrayal and murder in this provocative crime drama. A charming drifter (Gallagher) returns to his “home,” where he makes a desperate and very dangerous deal in order to reclaim his ex-girlfriend (Elliott). When passion ignites into obsession, a treacherous game of “who can you trust?” spins a deadly web of intrigue and murder—from which no one escapes unscathed.

738329251345.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks