What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (17 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Restoration!

Freud: The Secret Passion (1962)
Starring Montgomery Clift & Susannah York – Shot by Douglas Slocombe (Raiders of the Lost Ark) – Music by Jerry Goldsmith (Chinatown) – Directed by John Huston (The Man Who Would Be King).

Image may contain: 5 people, text that says 'ALONE, He FOUGHT AGAINST HIS OWN DARK PASSIONS. ....AGAINST THE TABOOS OF AN OUTRAGED WORLD... ...KNOWING THAT THE SHOCKING TRUTH COULD RUIN HIS CAREER. ....DESTROY HIS MARRIAGE! SUPERB DRAMA! -LIFE MAGAZINE He dared to search beyond the flesh! JOHN PRODUCTION HUSTONS FREUD SECRETPASSION THE MONTGOMERY GLIFT SUSANNAH YORK LARRY PARKS SUSAN KOHNER EILEEN HERLIE ERIC PORTMAN Screenplay CHARLES KAUFMAN WOLFGANG REINHARDT OHN HUSTON Produced WOLFGANG REINHARDT -A UNIVERSAL PICTURE Story CHARLES KAUFMAN Directed''ALONE, He FOUGHT AGAINST HIS OWN DARK PASSIONS. ....AGAINST THE TABOOS OF AN OUTRAGED WORLD... ...KNOWING THAT THE SHOCKING TRUTH COULD RUIN HIS CAREER. ....DESTROY HIS MARRIAGE! SUPERB DRAMA! -LIFE MAGAZINE He dared to search beyond the flesh! JOHN PRODUCTION HUSTONS FREUD SECRETPASSION THE MONTGOMERY GLIFT SUSANNAH YORK LARRY PARKS SUSAN KOHNER EILEEN HERLIE ERIC PORTMAN Screenplay CHARLES KAUFMAN WOLFGANG REINHARDT OHN HUSTON Produced WOLFGANG REINHARDT -A UNIVERSAL PICTURE Story CHARLES KAUFMAN Directed'

Long overdue! I've been waiting a long time on this one. I have a British R2 DVD but this one needs a spiffed up transfer. Glad to see KL bringing it home.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
FREUD was the original title of the film as it was released. "The Secret Passion" was added in the US for general release thinking it would sell more tickets.
The original artwork is so much better.
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 7.43.01 PM.jpeg

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Probably fans who share a fondness for both this film and ALIEN already know that some of the music cues from FREUD were used in moderated form for the Ridley Scott film. Just a bit of trivia.
But, then again, the truth of all human behavior has always been alien to most.:D

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Restoration!

Freud: The Secret Passion (1962)
Starring Montgomery Clift & Susannah York – Shot by Douglas Slocombe (Raiders of the Lost Ark) – Music by Jerry Goldsmith (Chinatown) – Directed by John Huston (The Man Who Would Be King).

Image may contain: 5 people, text that says 'ALONE, He FOUGHT AGAINST HIS OWN DARK PASSIONS. ....AGAINST THE TABOOS OF AN OUTRAGED WORLD... ...KNOWING THAT THE SHOCKING TRUTH COULD RUIN HIS CAREER. ....DESTROY HIS MARRIAGE! SUPERB DRAMA! -LIFE MAGAZINE He dared to search beyond the flesh! JOHN PRODUCTION HUSTONS FREUD SECRETPASSION THE MONTGOMERY GLIFT SUSANNAH YORK LARRY PARKS SUSAN KOHNER EILEEN HERLIE ERIC PORTMAN Screenplay CHARLES KAUFMAN WOLFGANG REINHARDT OHN HUSTON Produced WOLFGANG REINHARDT -A UNIVERSAL PICTURE Story CHARLES KAUFMAN Directed''ALONE, He FOUGHT AGAINST HIS OWN DARK PASSIONS. ....AGAINST THE TABOOS OF AN OUTRAGED WORLD... ...KNOWING THAT THE SHOCKING TRUTH COULD RUIN HIS CAREER. ....DESTROY HIS MARRIAGE! SUPERB DRAMA! -LIFE MAGAZINE He dared to search beyond the flesh! JOHN PRODUCTION HUSTONS FREUD SECRETPASSION THE MONTGOMERY GLIFT SUSANNAH YORK LARRY PARKS SUSAN KOHNER EILEEN HERLIE ERIC PORTMAN Screenplay CHARLES KAUFMAN WOLFGANG REINHARDT OHN HUSTON Produced WOLFGANG REINHARDT -A UNIVERSAL PICTURE Story CHARLES KAUFMAN Directed'
Another Universal 60s title out. Great!

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Freud is one of my most wanted and now in HD with that gorgeous score by Jerry Goldsmith I've been listening to for years. Thank you again, Kino. Always the finest lineup of titles around!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 12th!

Stretch (2014)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Writer/Producer/Director Joe Carnahan with His Daughter Maile Carnahan and His Son Rockne Carnahan
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Eddy Von Mueller
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 94 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From Joe Carnahan, the acclaimed director of Narc, Smokin’ Aces, The A-Team, The Grey and Boss Level, brings you into the world of Stretch, a Hollywood limo driver with a dark past. When Stretch (Patrick Wilson, Watchmen) is in need of some quick cash to pay back his debts to a notorious gangster, he takes a job with a billionaire client (James Badge Dale, World War Z) in hopes of a big payday. His client’s eccentricities soon escalate into a wild night of adventure, sex and danger, which begins to make the fate of returning to the mob empty-handed seem reasonable. With an all-star cast featuring Ed Helms (The Hangover), Brooklyn Decker (Just Go with It), Jessica Alba (Machete), Ray Liotta (Goodfellas), Randy Couture (The Expendables trilogy) and TV legend David Hasselhoff (TV’s Knight Rider and Baywatch), you won’t want to miss out on this ride of a lifetime.

738329251727.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 12th!

Thursday (1998) (Unrated Director’s Cut)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Sally Christie
• NEW Interview with Star Thomas Jane
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 87 Minutes 1.85:1 UR
Thomas Jane (Deep Blue Sea), Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight), supermodel Paulina Porizkova (Anna), James Le Gros (Drugstore Cowboy), Michael Jeter (Open Range), Glenn Plummer (South Central) and Mickey Rourke (Sin City) star in this no-holds-barred, erotically charged thriller that packs a lifetime’s worth of action into one day. Casey Wells (Jane), a former shakedown artist from the mean streets of L.A., has gone straight—or so he thought. When his ex-partner-in-crime (Eckhart) appears one day with a mysterious suitcase, Casey’s comfortable suburban life is turned upside down. Suddenly, murderous drug dealers, a gorgeous, sexually voracious brunette (Porizkova) and crooked cops are trying to kill him. If Casey lives, he may wind up with hidden millions his old pal stole in a drug scam. But if he wants to survive until Friday, Casey’s going to have to revert to his old lethal habits. Written and directed by Skip Woods, the screenwriter of Swordfish, Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The A-Team, A Good Day to Die Hard and Sabotage.

738329251741.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Are the Steve Reeves films part of Kino from Avco Embassy ?? If not does anyone know who holds the rights ??

The rights with one of the original producer's estate. The films are considered PD in the U.S., but all the needed film elements are in Italy with the rights holders.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 12th!

Buried Alive (1990)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Interview with Actor William Atherton
• NEW Audio Commentary by Entertainment Journalist and Author Bryan Reesman
• Newly Commissioned Art by Vince Evans
• Limited Edition Slipcase
• Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 93 Minutes 1.37:1 Rated PG-13
From Frank Darabont, the acclaimed director of The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Majestic and The Mist, comes this gripping thriller starring Tim Matheson (Impulse, Up the Creek), Jennifer Jason Leigh (Rush, Flesh+Blood), William Atherton (Die Hard, Oscar) and Hoyt Axton (Disorganized Crime, Gremlins). Clint Goodman (Matheson) enjoys the simple life he’s created in the small town where he grew up. However, his wife (Leigh) yearns for a more glamorous existence and begins an affair with the local doctor, who offers her a sinister but seemingly perfect way out. But the illicit couple’s insatiable greed produces some grave consequences that lead to a heart-pounding conclusion. With a teleplay by Mark Patrick Carducci (Pumpkinhead), based on a story by David A. Davies (Gas Pump Girls), Buried Alive is an engrossing suspense tale with stylish direction and fine performances that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the final frame.

738329250744.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Our Shoctober Sale Starts Now!
• Over 530 Blu-rays & DVDs - $4.99 & Up!
Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or More!

Sale Ends Monday, November 2nd

klsc.jpg

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The rights with one of the original producer's estate. The films are considered PD in the U.S., but all the needed film elements are in Italy with the rights holders.

Unfortunate that most of these titles are PD in the USA. I would buy almost every one of the "peplum" films from the late '50s and early '60s if they were properly presented and at least cleaned up some. I have a lot of the titles on DVD but of course most of them are badly faded and look likes copies of a copy made from a VHS tape. I was really grateful to get Hercules in the Haunted World from Kino, it's beautiful and a really well done release. Revolt of the Slaves was another great KL release.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Our Shoctober Sale Starts Now!
Ouch. These sales are wrecking my budget. My purchase today.

Against All Flags
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
All I Desire
Arabian Nights
Carole Lombard Collection I
Cary Grant Collection
The Cat and the Canary
Five Graves to Cairo
The Sign of the Cross
There's Always Tomorrow
Wake Island
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer

Plus, I just ordered these Kinos during Target's buy two get one sale the other day.

Love Me Tonight
Spawn of the North
The World in His Arms

---------------

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ouch. These sales are wrecking my budget. My purchase today.

Against All Flags
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
All I Desire
Arabian Nights
Carole Lombard Collection I
Cary Grant Collection
The Cat and the Canary
Five Graves to Cairo
The Sign of the Cross
There's Always Tomorrow
Wake Island
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer

Plus, I just ordered these Kinos during Target's buy two get one sale the other day.

Love Me Tonight
Spawn of the North
The World in His Arms

---------------
Tell me about it. I ordered over 50 releases this week across three different retailers. My budget is yelling ouch!

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
FREUD was the original title of the film as it was released. "The Secret Passion" was added in the US for general release thinking it would sell more tickets.
The original artwork is so much better. View attachment 80014

I've been asking for this title. Saw it a long time ago on broadcast TV....Been reading about it in a very good book called "Cinema 62", which asserts that 1962 was the Greatest Year in Movies

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Coming January 5th from Kino Lorber and Scorpion Releasing!

TINTORERA (1977) aka TIGER SHARK
• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Troy Howarth and Rod Barnett
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition Slipcase
• Reversible Art

Color 87 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
From cult filmmaker René Cardona Jr. (Survive!, Guyana-Cult of the Damned, Treasure of the Amazon), enter the world of a trio of beautiful young people, the hot sexy beaches of Mexico... and a giant, hungry Tiger Shark known as Tintorera! When two handsome shark hunters, Steven (Hugo Stiglitz; Nightmare City, Survive!, Counterforce), Miguel (Andrés Garcia; Day of the Assassin, The Bermuda Triangle) hook up with Gabriella (Susan George; Straw Dogs, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, The House Where Evil Dwells), everything seems to be paradise until Tintorera strikes, eating the beachgoers and endangering the lives of the trio. One of the hunters decides to avenge his friend and take on the Tintorera one on one, and it becomes a brutal battle between man and beast. Co-starring Fiona Lewis (The Fury, Lisztomania, Drum), Jennifer Ashley (The Pom Pom Girls, Terror Circus, Guyana-Cult of the Damned) and Priscilla Barnes (TV’s Three’s Company, Texas Detour, Seniors).

View attachment 79833

Wasn't Hugo Stigletz the name of a character in Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks