What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (23 Viewers)

Pictureman

Agent
Real Name
Frank
KL Insider, any chance of a favorite North-Western in your Universal series - "Back to God's Country" (1953)?

Our local cinema had very poor heating and always showed this in wintertime. Rock Hudson, in the snow, was probably warmer than we were when it finished!

Doctor Who and the Daleks

The two Amicus, Peter Cushing Doctor Who and Daleks Movies have a checkered history on DVD and Blu-ray. While recent transfers of the pictures have been very successful, transfers of the archive magnetic films of the soundtrack (which are not even the final theatrical mixes) have been less than successful as the materials deteriorate. For this release, Mark Ayres has created what may hopefully be considered the definitive master [...]

Awesome. You definitely got the right person there! Thank you. Really looking forward to these releases!

(Full disclosure just in case: Mark is a friend of mine)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mr. Insider: If you do not have a license for AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD, can you name the company who has?

Thanks.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I was sort of hoping that after the release of Hello Again, and, The Doctor, we'd be seeing Outrageous Fortune, While You Were Sleeping, Six Weeks, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, and other, as yet unreleased Disney/Touchstone stuff coming down the pike.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
KL Insider, any chance of a favorite North-Western in your Universal series - "Back to God's Country" (1953)?

Our local cinema had very poor heating and always showed this in wintertime. Rock Hudson, in the snow, was probably warmer than we were when it finished!

We have no plans of releasing Back to God's Country.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I was sort of hoping that after the release of Hello Again, and, The Doctor, we'd be seeing Outrageous Fortune, While You Were Sleeping, Six Weeks, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, and other, as yet unreleased Disney/Touchstone stuff coming down the pike.

We only released The Doctor and many of the other Touchstone/Hollywood titles because it was part of a pre-selected 200 film deal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've also been hoping, but Disney must be sitting on them for some reason as I'd think Kino would have released them if they were available. Seems odd that we've had several blu-ray releases of Touchstone films, but three of their biggest comedies remain MIA: Ruthless People, Outrageous Fortune, and Down and Out in Beverly Hills.

I'd wonder whether there's some dislike of Bette Midler somewhere in the chain, but Big Business has been released a few times.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 20th!

The Ape (1940)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tom Weaver
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
• Trailers
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 62 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
Horror legend Boris Karloff (Frankenstein, The Old Dark House, The Black Cat) portrays a kindly doctor who seeks to cure a young woman of polio through injections of human spinal fluid. Of course, spinal fluid is difficult to obtain, particularly as the victim must be alive. When a circus ape escapes and breaks into Karloff’s home, he finds the solution to his problems—or does he? This creepy classic was directed by William Nigh (Mr. Wu, The Mystery of Mr. Wong) and co-written by Curt Siodmak (I Walked with a Zombie, The Wolf Man) and Richard Carroll (Five Came Back), with atmospheric cinematography by Harry Neumann (My Gun Is Quick).

738329250683.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 6th!

Curse of the Undead (1959)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Trailers

B&W 79 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Vampiric gunfighter Drake Robey (Michael Pate, Hondo) goes West and terrorizes a small town. When the fiend sets his fangs on beautiful rancher Dolores (Kathleen Crowley, Target Earth), it’s up to Preacher Dan (Eric Fleming, TV’s Rawhide) to destroy the gun-slinging bloodsucker with a bullet mounted with a cross. The first film to mix cowboys and vampires, Curse of the Undead features striking black-and-white cinematography by Ellis W. Carter (The Incredible Shrinking Man) and co-stars John Hoyt (When Worlds Collide), Bruce Gordon (Tower of London), Edward Binns (12 Angry Men) and Jay Adler (99 River Street). Directed by Edward Dein (Shack Out on 101) and written by Edward and Mildred Dein (Calypso Joe).

738329250706.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm really excited about The Ape! I have the Roan DVD with British Intelligence also with Boris Karloff. That being said,does KL currently have or have interest in that film too?

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Coming October 20th!

The Ape (1940)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Trailers

Horror legend Boris Karloff (Frankenstein, The Old Dark House, The Black Cat) portrays a kindly doctor who seeks to cure a young woman of polio through injections of human spinal fluid. Of course, spinal fluid is difficult to obtain, particularly as the victim must be alive. When a circus ape escapes and breaks into Karloff’s home, he finds the solution to his problems—or does he? This creepy classic was directed by William Nigh (Mr. Wu, The Mystery of Mr. Wong) and co-written by Curt Siodmak (I Walked with a Zombie, The Wolf Man) and Richard Carroll (Five Came Back), with atmospheric cinematography by Harry Neumann (My Gun Is Quick).

View attachment 76119
Woo-hoo! More Monogram Horror movies!!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
In addition to British Intelligence, Id love a KINO Blu-rays of The Black Raven and Bluebeard with John Carradine from 1944. I hope KL can get these, and hopefully have some interest in them. As soon as I saw The Ape announced, my ambitions went up for other titles like that:)

Last edited:

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Coming October 20th!

The Ape (1940)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Trailers

View attachment 76119

LoC recently struck a new 35mm print off the camera neg, and we ran it at Cinecon a couple of years ago. After generations of crappy 16mm dupes, everyone was knocked out by how beautiful it was. Say what you want about Monogram, but their stuff certainly looked terrific, if this was any indication. I'm sure this Blu will look equally excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks