What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
ah yes, the poor man's TV version of Murder By Death, don't think i have seen this since it's original TV airing, but it did do a fair job of lampooning the more popular TV sleuths of that time frame, quick check Spelling Productions, CBS distribution so i don't see that one coming from Kino

Still hope it comes out someday. I liked it.

==james

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
you are ready release Curse of the undead extra special features KIno Lobrer still coming yet now this month? i'm really waiting get that one with dark intruder.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I would like to know if KL would be interested or could get The Great Flamarion , Id love a Blu-ray for that one :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would like to know if KL would be interested or could get The Great Flamarion , Id love a Blu-ray for that one :)
It's in the public domain, so it would be a question of tracking down decent elements, if they exist, and if the owners would agree to allow them to be used.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 27th!

HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (1973)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• NEW Interview with Actress Marianna Hill
• NEW Interview with Actor Mitchell Ryan
• A Man Named Eastwood: Vintage High Plains Drifter Promo (Restored in HD)
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Josh Olson
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Edgar Wright
• Limited Edition Slipcase
• Reversible Art
• Poster and Image Gallery
• Two Theatrical Trailers (New HD Transfers)
• TV Spot
• Radio Spot
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

THEY’D NEVER FORGET THE DAY HE DRIFTED INTO TOWN! From Clint Eastwood, the acclaimed director/star of The Outlaw Josey Wales, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino and The Mule, comes this western masterpiece and homage to his “The Man with No Name” legend. Eastwood portrays a mysterious stranger who emerges out of the heat waves of the desert and rides into the guilt-ridden town of Lago. After committing three murders in the first 20 minutes, The Stranger is hired by the town’s citizens to protect them from the three vengeful gunmen about to be released from jail. Eastwood’s second film as a director is a tribute to his three spaghetti western classics with the great Sergio Leone, and features a strong supporting cast that includes Verna Bloom (Medium Cool), Marianna Hill (The Baby), Mitchell Ryan (The Hunting Party), Jack Ging (Play Misty for Me), Geoffrey Lewis (Every Which Way but Loose), Anthony James (In the Heat of the Night), John Hillerman (Blazing Saddles), John Quade (Breakheart Pass) and Billy Curtis (The Terror of Tiny Town). Beautifully shot in CinemaScope by Bruce Surtees (Dirty Harry) with a great screenplay by Ernest Tidyman (The French Connection) and a memorable score by Dee Barton (Thunderbolt and Lightfoot).

HPD.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming October 13th!

S.O.S. TITANIC (1979)
• Brand New 4K Restoration (Theatrical Cut)
• Brand New HD Master (TV Cut)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Evgueni Mlodik
• Titanic 1943 Theatrical Trailer
• Original 1912 Newsreel
• A Tour of the Olympic - Titanic Sister Ship
• Reversible BD Art
• Two Dual-Layered BD50 Discs
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 102 | 144 Minutes 1.66:1 Not Rated
The saga of the supposedly unsinkable R.M.S. Titanic has captured the world’s imagination for over a century. Its story of greed, loss and survival remains as fascinating today as it did on that fateful, moonless night in April 1912. Long before James Cameron’s blockbuster Titanic (1997), this film meticulously recreated the world’s most lavish luxury liner and its sumptuous gala atmosphere during the four-day journey leading to the disaster. Based on detailed research, this intriguing docudrama gives a rich sense of life aboard the Titanic as it explores the lives of various passengers, ranging from the most impoverished to the wealthiest, and movingly finds the courage amidst the horror and tragedy. The film follows the survivors’ lives after their traumatic rescue. The all-star cast includes David Janssen (Superdome), Cloris Leachman (Scavenger Hunt), Susan Saint James (Love at First Bite), Ian Holm (Juggernaut), Helen Mirren (The Queen), Harry Andrews (The Nightcomers) and David Warner (Morgan!), who also appeared in Cameron’s Titanic more than a decade later. Directed by William Hale (Journey to Shiloh), with a screenplay by three-time Emmy Award winner James Costigan (Love Among the Ruins) and top-notch cinematography by Christopher Challis (The Deep, Evil Under the Sun). This special edition includes both the 4K restoration of the 102-minute theatrical cut and the 144-minute TV cut, newly remastered in HD.

SOS Titanic.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2020!

Texas Across the River (1966) Starring Dean Martin, Alain Delon, Rosemary Forsyth, Joey Bishop, Tina Aumont, Peter Graves, Michael Ansara & Andrew Prine – Shot by Russell Metty (Spartacus, Touch of Evil, Midnight Lace) – Music by Frank De Vol (What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, Pillow Talk, Ulzana’s Raid) – Directed by Michael Gordon (The Lady Gambles, Woman in Hiding, Portrait in Black, Cyrano de Bergerac).

Image may contain: 4 people

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2020!

Texas Across the River (1966) Starring Dean Martin, Alain Delon, Rosemary Forsyth, Joey Bishop, Tina Aumont, Peter Graves, Michael Ansara & Andrew Prine – Shot by Russell Metty (Spartacus, Touch of Evil, Midnight Lace) – Music by Frank De Vol (What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, Pillow Talk, Ulzana’s Raid) – Directed by Michael Gordon (The Lady Gambles, Woman in Hiding, Portrait in Black, Cyrano de Bergerac).

Image may contain: 4 people
Another Universal title from the 60s coming soon. That's good news. Not one of the requested titles on my list, but I might consider getting this.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Seen this when i was a kid. Always liked it. Silly but enjoyable. Joey Bishop is a riot as Kronk an indian who has many indian sayings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks