What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (16 Viewers)

Real Name
Kevin Hovis
Just want to throw it out there for anyone who doesn’t have them - the two Roy Rogers films included in the sale are utterly delightful. Beautiful, unique color and so good natured from start to finish. A wonderful escape from reality and/or more realistic fare.

Yes, I am finally going to get those. Those and the Vaughn Monroe flick. I'm not much into the singing cowboy thing but I love Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers, Vaughn Monroe did the best version of Ghost Riders In The Sky so I'm getting that movie he's in.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Yes, I am finally going to get those. Those and the Vaughn Monroe flick. I'm not much into the singing cowboy thing but I love Roy Rogers and the Sons of the Pioneers, Vaughn Monroe did the best version of Ghost Riders In The Sky so I'm getting that movie he's in.

Totally agree Josh and Kevin. The Roy Rogers films are delightful as is Singing Guns with Vaughn Monroe. All worthwhile purchases.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Though I don't own a 3-D TV to get the full effect, I'm happy to see any release of a classic Woody Woodpecker short. Now if someone would just release them all in one collection, similar to Kino's Pink Panther volumes.

Well, they are almost all in a couple of collections already (on DVD at least), Universal's Woody Woodpecker & Friends Vols. 1 & 2. All the classic Woody Woodpecker cartoons, uncut and in good shape, from his debut in the Andy Panda cartoon, Knock Knock (1940) through Jittery Jester (released at the end of 1958), are included, as well as some of the better Andy Panda shorts, ditto for Chilly Willy, Tex Avery's four classic 1950s shorts (two of which are easily Chilly Willy's best shorts), some of the 1930s Oswald Rabbit shorts, some Swing Symphonies, one-shots, etc. A shame that there was never a Vol. 3, as that would've covered the remaining worthwhile Woody Woodpecker cartoons (which are pretty dire after about 1965, and the same could be said for Chilly Willy), the rest of Andy Panda and Swing Symphonies, Maw & Paw, Hickory, Dickory & Doc and other short-lived character series (Maggie & Sam, Homer Pigeon), maybe the rest of the 1940s and 1950s one-shots, and some more Oswald and other 1930s shorts.

I'm ecstatic that Hypnotic Hick will be included in 3D on the Wings of the Hawk Blu-ray (an instant purchase for me), and I hope that if Kino does another deal with Universal, there's the chance we might see more missing Walter Lantz cartoons released.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
It's such a shame that many of the Republic Pictures releases have sold poorly. I was hoping to see at least TRAIL OF ROBIN HOOD (Roy Rogers) and the bonkers but beautiful FAIR WIND TO JAVA get Blu-ray releases as well as more Republic serials.
At least FAIR WIND TO JAVA is available for rent or purchase from iTunes and Amazon Prime. It's a sentimental favorite of mine being one of the first movies I saw in a theatre in 1953. Gorgeous color and fantastic special effects from the Lydecker brothers. The volcano eruption in the climax is spectacular.

Ryan Barrett

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan Barrett
Just finished STREET PEOPLE, WINTER KILLS, and CHARLEY VARRICK - very impressive transfers, especially the latter two. I haven't seen STREET PEOPLE since VHS format, WINTER KILLS obliterates the previous DVD incarnation and CHARLEY VARRICK is a stunningly beautiful transfer.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray January 21st from Kino Lorber!

Museo
Directed by Alonso Ruizpalacios
Starring Gael García Bernal

A witty and thrilling heist film from Mexico starring the great Gael García Bernal (Amores Perros) and directed with flair by Alonso Ruizpalacios (Güeros), who the New York Times said "could become the next great Mexican filmmaker."

Special features:
Booklet essay by producer and writer Alan Page (Blu-ray only)
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Trailer

Museo_BR.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if your order contains both the limited available items and Film Noir that are out of stock if the limited stock items will be cancelled if they run out before your out of stock items are back in stock. Using free shipping your order ships when all items are in stock I believe.

Noir items listed as out of stock when I ordered, shipped so I guess they weren't. So Yea! and thank you Kino.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST SALE!••
https://www.klstudioclassics.com//list/view/code/november-2019-sale

•• These titles will eventually go on moratorium and will not be restocked.

I took advantage of this sale!

Just made the free shipping threshold by ordering:

1 [Blu-ray] Trigger, Jr. $8.99
1 [Blu-ray] Sunset in the West (1950) $8.99
1 [Blu-ray] The Children's Hour $10.99
1 [Blu-ray] Ring of Bright Water $7.99
1 [Blu-ray] They Call Me Mister Tibbs $13.49
Sub-Total: $50.45

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I jumped on the 'While Supplies Last' sale, too:

At the Earth's Core [Blu-ray]
A Bullet for Joey [Blu-ray]
Grizzly [Blu-ray]
Jennifer [Blu-ray]
The Man Who Could Cheat Death [Blu-ray]
The Man Who Died Twice [Blu-ray]
Really Weird Tales [DVD]
Report to the Commissioner [Blu-ray]
The Rover [Blu-ray]
A Strange Adventure [Blu-ray]
Thunderbirds Are Go / Thunderbird 6 [Blu-ray]
Unforgettable [Blu-ray]
A Woman's Devotion [Blu-ray]

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Even though I'm still working my way through films I purchased during Kino's recent Halloween sale, I wasn't about to let these 2 current sales pass me by. I already own some of the sale items, but there was still more than enough of a selection to have plenty of choices. So this weekend, I bought 9 items from the While Supplies Last sale and 6 from the Noirvember sale. Some are films I've wanted but weren't a high priority at the time of release or during past sales, and I want to grab them now before they're gone. Others are films I'm willing to take a chance on based on the low prices.

While Supplies Last Purchases
[Blu-ray] Buffalo Bill and the Indians (1976)
[Blu-ray] Cops and Robbers (1973)

[Blu-ray] The High Commissioner - aka Nobody Runs Forever (1968)
[Blu-ray] Kotch (1971)
[Blu-ray] Midas Run (1969)

[Blu-ray] Pursuit (1972)
[Blu-ray] Sam Whiskey (1969)
[Blu-ray] Target: Harry (1969)
[Blu-ray] Vigilante Force (1976)

Noirvember Purchases
[Blu-ray] The Girl Hunters (1963)
[Blu-ray] The Mind Benders (1963)
[Blu-ray] Road House (1948)
[Blu-ray] The Scar - aka Hollow Triumph (1948)
[Blu-ray] Scarlet Street (1945)
[Blu-ray] The Woman in the Window (1945)

Physical media going by the wayside? In my home, not so much. ;)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
My purchases from these two most recent Kino sales:

While Supplies Last:
Pauline at the Beach

Noirvember:
The Girl Hunters
The Mind Benders
Naked Alibi
The Hitch-Hiker
Desert Fury
Seven Days to Noon.

Between the Kino, B&N 50% off Cohen Media, and B&N 50% off Criterion sales, my wallet took a real pounding this November...but it was worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks