What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I’ve never heard of a Sturges title called The Good Fairy (or its imminent release).

THE GOOD FAIRY (1935) was not directed by Sturges, so my listing it with the other titles was misleading. He wrote the screenplay for it. Kino announced at some point that this was coming.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
THE GOOD FAIRY (1935) was not directed by Sturges, so my listing it with the other titles was misleading. He wrote the screenplay for it. Kino announced at some point that this was coming.
Ok,
Then add another Sturges penned classic Easy Living released in July

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was afraid this was the reason we haven't seen a Bluray release. :(
---------------
I've always thought it was the reason as the Criterion DVD was released back in 2001. I bought the HD Digital from iTunes for $4.99 and it does look better than the DVD, but it is not of the quality of the "Double Indemnity" HD stream.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Except we haven’t lost a great film. The Lady Eve is readily available on physical media in DVD format, and is available for purchase in HD via the various digital services. We may not have it in the format we prefer or in pristine condition - but you could say the same about many, many works of art held in museums that are being preserved against further decay but which cannot be fully restored to their original condition.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Lady Eve in blu ray was released in France as part of a now out of print Preston Sturges King of Comedy set. The set is being re released but apparently in DVD only on September 25.

https://www.amazon.fr/Preston-Sturges-Édition-Collector-Blu-ray/dp/B01M0N2DBP/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=Preston+Sturges+:+King+of+Comedy&qid=1568925785&s=dvd&sr=1-2

165292_large.jpg

https://www.amazon.fr/Preston-Sturges-Comedy-Dick-Powell/dp/B07SZBK41C/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=Preston+Sturges:+King+of+Comedy&qid=1568926245&s=dvd&sr=1-1
614c8Oi%2BFzL._AC_SX522_.jpg

81tMd-8U-xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Except we haven’t lost a great film. The Lady Eve is readily available on physical media in DVD format, and is available for purchase in HD via the various digital services. We may not have it in the format we prefer or in pristine condition - but you could say the same about many, many works of art held in museums that are being preserved against further decay but which cannot be fully restored to their original condition.
Says who? :D

2-photos13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Feetman
    Recent bookmarks